Fantasies

[Saturday Evening]

I stretch out on my bed as I text Dustin. I hadn't gotten a chance to talk to him today because he was busy, so I insisted on keeping my phone with me so we could text when he was done. Turns out it took him a lot longer than he thought it would, so I ended up waiting around until the sun was setting.

I laugh to myself as he jokes about everything that he had done today. I'm more than happy to see him acting more and more like his old self, making jokes and being sassy. I shift my body again, trying to find a comfortable spot. I had gotten my cast removed a few days ago, and I still felt weird not having anything on my arm, but it was definitely better than not being able to use or move it at all.

I end up just standing and walking around my room as Dustin and I text, it's much easier. A few papers glare at me from my backpack. It's getting close to the end of the school year and the teachers are dishing out homework like it's a fad, and it's becoming much more important to study every night for the upcoming exams. I've tried to work today, but I just couldn't focus with my mind expecting a text from Dustin every minute.

I look out the window as I wait for Dustin to text back. It's raining slightly, but not as much as it had been on Monday, and I can see the trees shivering in the wind. Just looking outside makes me feel cold, so I snuggle into my hoodie and look somewhere else in my room.

My eyes rest on a DVD instead, and I smile softly. Last night, Dustin and I watched a movie together as his soft of apology for not going to be able to see me today, and it was a nice relaxing break from all the 'excitement' happening in school. We had ended up watching 'My Neighbour Totoro' after we found it under his bed (it was actually mine that I had lent to him when we first met because he hadn't seen it). We had played it on his parents laptop and watched it in his room on his bed, sharing a blanket that was wrapped around our shoulders, snuggling. Eventually he fell asleep on me, with his head resting on my shoulder and his hair tickling my neck, and I was forced to tuck him into his bed after the movie ended. I had manged to take a picture of it though, and texted it to him as I walked back to my place, which got me a very flustered reply today.

My phone buzzes, indicating that I got a text, and I read it. I sigh in disappointment, Dustin's got to go now. He added an apologetic emoji face though, and I shake my head at his silliness. I then check the time, realising that I should probably sleep as well. As I pull my covers over myself, I can't help but think :

'Everything's getting better.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up to my phone ringing like crazy.

I groan and roll over in bed. Opening my eyes, I realise that I can't see a thing besides the light shining from my phone. 'What time is it?' I think as I grab my phone and look at the time. Two in the morning. 'Who could be calling at this hour?' I check the caller's number.

Dustin.

I instantly answer the phone, worry and fear filling my senses. "Dustin? Hello? Dustin?!" I whisper-yell into the phone. There's silence on the other end until :

"F-Fisher?" he whimpers, and I can immediately tell he's crying.

"Yeah, I'm here. What's wrong? Why are you crying?"

"I-It's dark..."

"Calm down, it's okay. Where are you?"

"H-Home."

"Why are you crying?"

"Too much... I can't do it Fisher!" he screams.

"Calm down, calm down. It's okay, you can do it."