Far

[The Next Day]

I awoke with a splitting head-ache. I won't say I escaped a hangover, but I could still remember everything that happened last night and the pain in my head wasn't too bad.

Rubbing my eyes I sat up, swinging my legs over the side of my bed, and grabbed my phone. It was 8:15, so I still had time to get ready for school. Who throws a party on a Tuesday? Better question, who goes to a party on a Tuesday? Apparently me and Dustin.

Shit, Dustin.

I quickly check my phone for any new texts from Dustin. My heart skips a beat when I see one unread message, but it fell when I notice it's only from Chase.

C : You coming to school today?

F : Yeah. I actually feel alright. :D

C : Awesome

I smile. I'm glad Chase had helped me last night, I don't know what I would have done without her. Then I text Dustin.

F : Hey, you alright?

F : I'm so sorry about last night

F : I understand if you don't want to talk to me

F : I deserve it

F : I assume you don't want to walk with me today?

F : I'll take your silence as a yes

F : I'm going to be in the cafeteria today at lunch okay?

F : In case you want to talk

F : Dustin?

F : Bye...

My smile is gone by the time I send Dustin those texts. I pray that I didn't screw up out friendship. I was so terrible, I don't deserve his apologies. Not like he's going to give me any though.

I sigh, and change out of my clothes into some nicer smelling ones. The ones that I wore to the party reeks of alcohol and cheap perfume from those girls. I shudder, thinking about the girls, it makes me sick to my stomach to think about what I had done with them.

I grab my bag and jog downstairs. There I take an apple from the fridge for breakfast, and grab a variety of random foods for my lunch. By the time I have enough food, it's 8:25. So I'm left five minutes to get to school, and run out the door all the way to the high school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm late by ten minutes by the time I get to class, panting and covered in sweat, and end up getting a detention slip. Fantastic. I plop down into my seat and hear a couple kids laughing at me, confused I look at my reflection in the window next to me, and nearly gasp in horror.

I look like shit. My normally neat hair is completely messy, there are bags under my eyes, my face is still red from last night, and the cherry on top? My shirt's on backwards. I try my best to subtlety fix my hair and pull my hoodie over top of my shirt. Glancing back into the mirror, I see that I look a bit better.

After that problem is over, I examine room. Searching for the blond bush that is Dustin's hair. I'm out of luck though. He's nowhere to be seen. That worries me. Is he late? Sick? Hurt? Dead!?!? I start panicking and whip out my phone, to see if he responded to my texts.

Unfortunately I was spotted before I could even unlock my phone. I was startled when a sharp cough came from the left of my desk. I slowly twisted my head to the sound of the noise, and was met with the angry gaze of the teacher towering over me.