twelve

The dance was so amazing that I didn't want it to end but, when it did, Vic and I made our own fun at a hotel after we left. I couldn't be happier, really. Vic was just so amazing — sexually and personality-wise. He was all mine and I wasn't sharing.

Especially not when he held me, as he was now. He was always so protective and warm; I wanted to stay in his arms forever.

"Kells, no," Vic said vocally in his sleep. It woke me up more, not that I was really sleeping, so I looked over at the clock and read it as 3 am. I groaned and turned into his chest more, trying to get back to sleep, but that was when I heard how fast his heartbeat was going. It was practically shooting out of his chest and, honestly, it scared me.

"Vic?" I got up from him, looking down at him the best I could in the darkness. He didn't even open his eyes but I saw they were streaming tears.

Vic! Hey, baby, wake up, please!" I shook him. He got up around the tenth shake and tried his best to catch his breath as he ran his fingers through his hair and sighed. I turned on the light and sat in front of him, wiping his tears away. Vic gave me a light smile and mouthed a 'thank you'.

"Are you okay? What happened?" I asked. I sat in front of him with worry sketched into my face.

"I don't remember it, sorry. I'm sorry that woke you up, too. Let's get back to bed." He rushed.

"No, wait, what's the matter, Vic? Tell me what's going on." I urged. Like hell, I would let him drop this so quickly. I cared about him a lot more than that.

"Kells, it's nothing-"

"It can't be nothing if you're freaking out over it like that in your sleep. Just tell me what it was."

"I... had a dream I lost you. And I don't ever want to lose you, Kellin." Vic looked at me with worry in his eyes but I got closer to him and pulled him in for a hug, making him fall back on the bed with me. He chuckled but I held him tighter.

"I promise you won't, Vic. I swear it," I told him but a ping of guilt coursed through me.

"I love you so much," Vic cried into my shoulder a bit. I had tears prickling at my eyes, too, as I held him.

I didn't know what I was going to tell him about this internship program. I didn't know when was going to tell him, either. The date to leave was coming up so quickly and I haven't even begun to think about letting him know. When he finds out, though, I'm finished. I know it.

"I love you too, Vic. More than anything." I replied.