eight

"Hurry up!" Vic yelled from outside my bedroom door. I was taking especially long to get ready because I didn't know where he was taking me for our date tonight. He wouldn't tell me and it was pissing me off.

"Just tell me where we're going and I'll be ready!" I shouted from the other side.

"Ugh, come on, Kellin!" He groaned.

"Just tell me what to wear!" I joked. The truth was that I had been dressed for about ten minutes but I wanted him to wait for me. I figured it could get some of his jitters out.

"Jesus, fuck, Kellin,"

"I'm kidding! What's the rush?" I yelled at him, swinging open the door and stepping out.

"There isn't one. But, look, see? You look beautiful as always. Let's go." Vic smiled at me, intertwining our fingers and dragging me out of my house. My parents had left yesterday so I locked the door and went with Vic with a smile.

We made conversation as he drove. I didn't know where we were going and there was no hope in Vic telling me so I didn't mention it again. I didn't have much time to anyway, considering we had reached the place in a matter of ten minutes. I didn't think it would be this close, though.

"Okay, we're here," Vic announced, pulling into an empty field. The sun was beginning to set so the sky was colored a pastel pink and blue as it spread its colors everywhere. It, honestly, looked beautiful.

"This is it?" I raised an eyebrow at him. He nodded and smirked at me.

"Yeah! Come on." Vic got out the car and came around my side to open my door before opening up his trunk and grabbing two blankets.

He laid out one of the thicker blankets and allowed me to sit first before getting on it himself and setting the extra blanket to his side.

"I found this place when we really stopped talking in tenth grade. I was pretty sad about it but I came here to relax and think. It's beautiful, isn't it?"

"It is. At least one good thing came out of that, huh?" Vic nodded and smiled over to me. I looked at him with sad eyes. I missed him a lot that year and I had no idea why things had changed.

"I missed you sophomore year, too." I thought. "I missed you last year, too."

"Then this is a big change, huh?" Vic joked. I laughed but sighed.

"Yeah, but, whatever happened?" Vic let out a big sigh and leaned back on the blanket, looking at the remaining clouds in the sky, though there were few.

"I liked you a lot sophomore year because I realized you were my first crush," He began. I looked down at him with a straight face while his blushed. "But I didn't want to get too attached so... I left." He explained carefully. I thought about what he said and it made sense now; I understood why he ignored me before.

Vic pulled me into his lap so I rested against his chest but I spoke up at the same time.

"Don't push me away," I said and he hummed a promise to me. For the rest of the evening, we watched the sunset in peace and laughter.

"Thanks for agreeing to this with me. I really appreciate it." Vic said after a while.

"It's no problem. I'm having fun." I smiled. "Liking you isn't so bad."

"Oh, so you do like me, hm?"

"Duh. I wouldn't kiss you and go on another date with you otherwise."

"That's true. I like you too, Kellin."

"Oh, I know, Viccy." I sassed. Vic laughed and leaned down to kiss me. I kissed him back and smiled widely.

"This last month has been great, Vic. Thanks. I love being this close to you." I thought out loud.

"Haha, me too. It's kinda like we never stopped being close!" I nodded and laughed as we continued talking. It was an amazing night, honestly.

"Hey, let's go out," Vic said finally, looking deep into my eyes. I nodded and kissed him swiftly before snuggling into his warm chest. Though, as the sun went down further, it got colder so he grabbed the blanket and wrapped me in it as we sat there, speaking little. After a while, I started to get tired and I could tell Vic took notice.

"Let's get you home," Vic said, standing me up and getting me to the car with the blanket. It was a short drive home and we were in my room before I knew it.

"Alright, I'll talk to you tomorrow, Kells." Vic tucked me into bed and gave me a kiss. I moaned and reached out for his hand.

"Stay," I whined.

"For what?"

"Just stay the night," Vic chuckled and got in the bed with me. I held onto his body and smiled when he wrapped his arms around me protectively. He gave me a hug and turned off the lights.

"Thanks, Kell. Goodnight." I hummed in response and fell fast asleep. Tonight was great and I was sure dating Vic would be just as good.