five

I didn't go to school Wednesday because I was upset — and I didn't feel like it. I didn't feel like talking to Vic either but he thought I did, considering he showed up at my house after school was out. I just didn't like that he reacted so terribly and kept going. I felt uncomfortable last night with what Oli did but, thinking about it, I was overreacting at what Vic did. He was protecting me.

"What do you need, Vic?" I groaned. My hair was a mess, my clothes were messy and I looked like hell. I did stay in bed all day and didn't even think of getting up, though.

"You weren't at school today. What's the matter?" He walked his way into my house and sat down on the couch.

"I just wasn't feeling up for it. I've been applying to college programs today instead." I said as I sat next to him and rested my head on his shoulder.

"That's great!" Vic exclaimed but I shrugged. "But, why didn't you feel like coming?"

"I didn't wanna like, get in the way and stuff," I mumbled. I turned my face into his shirt and picked at the material.

"In the way of what?" I was quiet for a bit. I wasn't sure myself or at how he would react.

"You can talk to me, you know," Vic reassured me and gave me a light hug. I nodded; I knew that but I didn't know why I wasn't doing it.

"I know. Thanks for standing up for me at the game. Though you didn't have to beat the crap out of Oli." Vic just chuckled and smiled. His smile was warm, I liked it.

"Sorry. I guess I got carried away with protecting you."

"Hey, I don't need protecting." I sassed.

"Right, right. I'll just let your sass take care of it next time, okay?"

"Okay!" I smiled big and just looked at Vic for a while. I took in all his features. His skin was tan and inviting, his smile made one appear on my face just by looking at it and his hair had always been his best feature. I missed seeing Vic in this light so often but I'm glad we could get back into it.

"You have pretty eyes," I mumbled with the smile still on my face.

"So do you." I hummed and sat there, again. Vic was staring at me and I was staring at him. As uncomfortable as it sounded, it was fine. We were both just enjoying ourselves with no problem.

"Hey," Vic spoke up after a while of us not doing anything.

"Yeah?" I looked down and sighed but he lifted my chin up so he could look at me again.

"Can I kiss you?" I nodded and, before I knew it, Vic's lips were attached to mine and moving slowly. They felt so soft and tasted so sweet. I loved how they felt on my own but I had to pull away before too much happened.

"Uh," I began to say but Vic stood up and scratched his head a bit. He seemed put-off now and I felt bad about it. I shouldn't have pulled away. I should have kept kissing him.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Kells,"

Just like that, he was gone. Vic had come over, made sure I was okay, kissed me and left. I huffed and moaned, going upstairs to go to bed again only for me to deal with him and a continuation of these feelings tomorrow; great.