The Interviews

Chapter 10

The Interviews

____________________________________________________________

Part One

Clare's POV

It was hard to believe that of all people they pick to interview for The Morning Show, they don't pick the leads, or even the supporting characters, they pick the members of the ensemble. Myself, Walter, Sara and Tim got selected to get an interview, why? I have no idea, but it happened and I was excited! I've always wanted to go to a talk show to see what it was like behind the scenes.

The second we arrived to the TV station early the next morning with Carla, it was a brief meeting with some of the producers before we got whisked away to get ready. The make up artist for the show did my make-up and wardrobe. I got put in a pair of black jeans and a sky blue loose fitting button up chiffon top with a long white singlet and black high heels. Everything was great, except for the heels. Don't get me wrong, I can walk in them (and thanks to the dance lessons, I can dance in them), but I can't tolerate them for much longer than an hour, and this interview was to go on for about three or so hours, for ten minutes of television which is slowly going to kill me and my feet.

Walter was in the make-up chair left of me. Thanks to the shows, he's okay with wearing make-up, but he still doesn't like it much. His dark hair and storm grey eyes made him look very much like myself (except my hair is much longer and I have glasses). However, I'm a little taller than him He and Sara, however, have a very tight friendship. I guess everyone always thought it was more, but I think they're the closest best friends ever.

Once everyone was done up, we were taken to the main studio. People were franticly rushing everywhere. I felt very lost in the room. Luckily, we were just taken to the long couch in the middle of the studio, got told to sit down and just talk to each other while everyone was getting ready around us, the four of us were just talking about the recent assignment we got from the tutor, so we talked (or complained, however you look at it) for a while. It took forever (an hour maybe) but I finally heard the director yell "Quiet on set!" Which meant that we were ready to go. Quickly, the hosts of the show sat down on the couch opposite us, they smiled and got ready for the take to begin.

"Rolling!" The cameraman to our left yelled.

"Speed!" Someone else said.

"And..." the director started, nodding at the talk show's hosts, Zane and Leslie, who had little notebooks in their hands with questions to ask us. "Action!"

"Welcome back, you know how you see kids on stage and on TV and you think 'Wow, there's so much younger than me, and they're already achieving their dream?' Here's yet another group of kids doing just that. Please welcome the cast of The Lyric Theatre's 'The King and I'!" Leslie said, the words on the camera so she could look down the barrel of the camera without having to worry about knowing her lines (an auto cue I think they're called). Applause went through the soundstage even though there wasn't an audience in the room with us.

"Now, what are your names and, how old are you guys?" Zane asked. One-by-one we all introduced ourselves.

"I'm Sara and I'm 16."

"I'm Walter, I'm 16."

"I'm Tim, and I'm 18," Tim said, showing off his TV commercial white teeth.

"I'm Clare, also 16," I said, keeping very calm in this situation. I even found it kind of fun!

Leslie and Zane kept asking us questions about how we got into performing and how we felt in this situation. Walter answered that question perfectly, "If someone had told us at the start of the show's run that this would happen, we probably would've laughed at them."