Information Pack

To the Parents/Carers

Let this be a huge congratulations to your child. Being chosen to perform in Sydney under professional guidance is a huge honour and could be the start of a long and exciting career in the Australian theatre, music and acting industry. This letter will hopefully answer any questions you may have for the next four months, but of you have any more, please let me know.

Dene Kelly

Director'

Contract

Attached is a contract which must be signed before the start of rehearsals. Please read it carefully and understand all terms and conditions. 

Medications

If your child take medications. Please let us know when you drop them off. Provide instructions on how to take them and when. They will be taken as advised under supervision.

Pay

The children will be paid $1600 per week over a 16 week period (i.e. $25,600 over the season). There will be four weeks of rehearsals before the show is played to paying audiences. Please provide all bank details to ensure all payments are successfully made. No commission cuts will be made, even if the performer has an agent or manager. 

Costumes

There will be a second fitting when everyone arrives in Sydney. The children will be re-fitted to make more costumes and to make the understudies costumes. These will be brand new costumes made for the professional stage. The performer must tell the costume designer their role/s so approiate costumes can be made in time. All girls will have their current shoes replaced. Please let the costume designer know the size of your feet. All costumes may be purchased at the end of the season. Price is yet to be negotiated with the costume designer. 

Washing

Clothes washing is to be done by the child. There are washers at the hotel for use. We will provide the performers with tokens to use the machines. Washing liquid is provided, fabric softner is not. Sheets, blankets and pillows will be done once a week and towels will be replaced daily by hotel staff. Please ensure all items are marked with your name. 

Rooming

The room provided will be shared with another person of the same gender. The room will have 2 double beds, desks, a bathroom and will have a kitchenette (sink, fridge, microwave, one hot plate), all dishes must be done by the child. Food may be purchased by the child and stored correctly in the room.

Parents

Parents are not permitted to stay with their children. There will be sufficient care given to the children 24 hours a day. Parents may, however, visit their children whenever they wish. Children are not permitted to stay overnight with family for the duration of the season. They may go and visit their families on days off.

Extended Leave

Leave for more than two days, MUST be pre-approved except in exceptional circumstances. For extended leave, parents must sign the child out with Dene, Carla or Chirs. Questions may be asked and must be answered truthfully.

Schoolwork

According to child's rights, a minimum of 3 hours school work must be done per day for four days a week or a minimum of 12 hours each week. We have tried to work it out so some days it will be okay to miss school for promotions, illness and extra shows. Most days we will try to do up to 5 hours to make up for days that there is no school work done. The children will be spilt up into their current year level and will be taught according to the Australian curriculum. Any people who need to complete their AST or similar, will be sitting the exam and (if necessary) will miss the show/rehearsal that day. Any children in year 12 will get private teaching and their learning package (i.e. accredited, tertiary) will not be disadvantaged during the time away from their normal learning.