Mistakes and Talent

(A/N: This is important. For the next few chapters, I have a trigger warning. Don't say I didn't warn you. Okay, now to your normal chapter)

Chapter 16

Mistakes and Talent

Hayley's POV

I always go to the stage when I'm upset. I don't know why, it makes me feel better for some reason. The empty stage was calming me down. Or it used to anyway. Plus, where else could I go in between shows? Elliot was going to kill me. No I don't like him like that, we're just friends, however, I knew that I just broke his heart. And Heather must feel so betrayed. I would be shunned. I slapped my thigh in anger. It stung for a little before it cooled down. I deserved it. I'm stupid.

All I could do was dance. It was better to dance then to do what I used to when I was upset. It makes me do less of the latter. I threw my shoes to the side (if Dene saw me do that, he would kill me). I got out my phone and pressed shuffle. A good lyrical song came on, perfect. I placed my phone on the king's throne. From there I didn't think. I just moved to the music.

"Pull yourself together," a voice said as I did the final move. I was out of breath. But I was feeling a lot better. I knew I had to wait for the next part of my 'feel better' plan. But it could wait. Maybe the urge will go away.

I whipped around in shock to see Lewis. "What are you doing here?" I asked, turning my music off and slipping my phone in my pocket.

Lewis shrugged, "I heard you run up here, you were wearing your chorus shoes."

Curse these stupid shoes. You can never run away when you're wearing them. I pulled them back on.

"How are you feeling?" Lewis asked, sitting on his throne. "I already heard what happened..."

"Then why are you talking to me?" I said, tears threatening to pour over my cheeks. I took a breath and pulled myself together. I just hope it lasts..

"You did nothing wrong," Lewis said. I gave him a confused look and he elaborated, "You did may have hurt Elliot, yes, but looking at the big picture, you did the right thing, and besides, this gives Elliot time to get over you while you're up here. You just did what you felt was right, and no one should hate you for that."

I looked at Lewis, it was crazy how he just seemed to know this stuff yet he had never been in a relationship (as far as I'm aware of anyway).

Lewis put on a song from his phone. An Owl City song. And one of my favourites, 'Vanilla Twilight'. I just got lost in the music and forgot about everything for a while.

____________________________________________________________

I didn't see Elliot again that day. I could tell that he was avoiding me, but I can understand where he's coming from. The girls, however were really sweet to me. They just told me that Elliot would get over it sooner or later. It's what I really needed now. Though unwanted thoughts kept creeping into my mind.

"Hey, we're going shopping at the Queen Victoria Building on Monday. How does some retail therapy sound?" Heather asked me while we were getting ready for the evening show.

I smiled. Thanks to the show, I was pretty cashed up. My dad took a cut out of my pay for my savings account, but otherwise I had enough for a nice spending spree. Besides, I needed some new clothes. My others are getting a little over-worn. And loose.

"Sounds like fun," I said. "Who else is coming?" I asked.

"Genevieve, Sara, Walter, Rory, Alice, Ryan you, myself, and Jack," Heather replied, giggling when she said Jack.