{{ 34 }}

Author's Note: I particularly like this chapter. Sometimes it's nice to take a break from Meg and Ceddy. This chapter is in Payton's POV. There are a few confusions and cliffhangers, but all will be answered IN THE SEQUEL ;D This is the second to last chapter. The next one will probably cover a number of different POV's but I don't want to break it up into chapters because they'll all be about half a page long ya know? I'm kind of putting off writing it because..you guys know what happens, but I'm staying strong. If you can, please send me a word of encouragement as I try to do the chapter justice to the characters.

Dedicated to GypsyFair because she has been with me through this entire book.<3

Chapter 34

Payton's POV

"Ugh!" Maci moaned, slamming our dormitory door shut as she collapsed on her bed.

"Good morning to you, too," I said brightly. She did not respond. I sat down next to her, waiting for her to explain herself. I was usually patient when it came to people in distress, although I was not usually a good person to go to for advice. It seemed that Maci was desperate, however, for she began to confide in me her situation.

"How come guys are such pains in the arse?" she asked me in a voice similar to that of Moaning Myrtle; the ghost who haunts the girls' bathroom. I considered this for a moment, thinking of a good answer.

"Because, what would happen if guys were all wonderful? How on earth would we choose?" I said logically, but I could not help but grin.

Maci looked at me. "Where's Meghan? She's better at this stuff."

"Oh, do you mean just because she has a perfect boyfriend, that she's better to go to for advice?" I raised my eyebrows at my disheveled friend. I was expecting that at some point, but not so quickly. I had given her a perfectly logical answer to her question, and in return I got a 'Where's Meghan?' I did not feel very loved.

"Yes, that is exactly what I mean," said Maci, sitting up and tucking her auburn hair behind her ears. I gave her a knowing look. "I'm kidding," she added. "Cedric is much too perfect. He's obviously hiding something. Poor Meghan, she'll have her heart broken again, mark my words."

I stared at her. It was normal of Maci to be bitter and have a go at whoever she could think of at the moment, but she was going too far. I hated it when she was like that.

"You're mental. Just because that Pucey git broke up with you after a few months, and is a dirty old bludger, doesn't mean that all boys are foul idiots."

"Don't bring Adrian into this, Payton!" she said dangerously. I rolled my eyes.

"I only did because you brought Cedric into it," I told her calmly. Brewing fights with Maci was a bad idea.

"Oh, so you're defending him? I always knew you were on Meghan's side," she muttered. There was jealousy in her eyes.

I took a quick breath. I wanted to handle this the right way, but it was hard to remain calm when she was so intent on getting fired up.