{{ 12 }}

Meghan's POV

"Hey you!" came a familiar voice. I looked up and sure enough, it was Payton.

I jumped off of my bed and gave her a bone-crushing hug.

"You're back!" I squealed.

"Thank heavens, yes!" she replied, sighing. She sat down on my bed and looked up at me.

"Meghan!" she exclaimed, looking at my face. "Are you alright?"

She could tell, from my eyes that I had been crying. I hesitated before speaking.

"No, I'm really not," I replied, trying to hold back tears. The truth is, I hadn't thought much of my father that school year, but when I told Cedric, it felt weird. I started to miss him.

"What can I do to help?" asked Payton. That's what I love about Payton. She does her part to help, but doesn't pry into what one is feeling.

"I need to get to Hogsmeade," I replied, almost stupidly. How on earth was Payton supposed to help me get to Hogsmeade? The next trip wasn't until the next weekend.

"Alright, when do you want to go?" she replied casually.

"You know how to get into Hogsmeade?" I asked, hesitantly. I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting her to be able to help.

"Of course," she said, almost mockingly, "I am friends with Fred and George Weasley."

"I'll never underestimate you again, as long as I live, Payton," I said seriously.

"Well, good," she said, laughing. "When do you want to go?"

"Tonight," I said. "Will you come with me?"

"Sure, I'd love to," she said, smiling. "I could use a night out, I've been trapped in that damn hospital for eternity."

I laughed with pity for her. "Alright, what's the plan?"

"Just trust me," she whispered. "I'll tell you the plan when we're leaving."

"Payton, did you know that I love you?" I said, smiling broadly.

"I do now!" she said. We both laughed and sighed.

"Tonight, then?"

"Tonight."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 Is it bad that I haven't even seen my boyfriend today? I don't think so, but I do feel a little bad. I am going to Hogsmeade. But I need to.

"Psst," whispered Payton from behind me, causing me to start.

"Ready?" I asked through the corner of my mouth.

 She nodded in response, and I got up and followed her out of the common room.

"Where exactly are we going?" I asked, in a whisper.

"You haven't told me why we're going to Hogsmeade, so I'm not going to tell you how we're getting there," she laughed.

"Well, then," I joked, "I guess I'll wait and find out."

We walked for some time in the dark. I'm sure Payton was annoyed at my frequent childish moans of "Are we there yet?"

When finally, I received a "yes" in response to my question, she stopped.

She took out her wand and whispered, "Dissendium."

"Come quickly," she whispered, grabbing my hand.