{{ 16 }}

Payton's POV

I don't care what happens, I thought to myself. I'm going to find Diggory and I'm going to tear his ass off.

I panicked as Meghan and I walked quickly back to the castle. Her hand was bleeding like mad, and I didn't know how to help her. She was too tired to run, and I think the sight of the blood grossed her out.

We trudged on. She told me she needed to get the hospital wing, but she hadn't spoken since. I could tell she was in pain; both emotionally and physically, but she stayed strong and didn't complain.

The castle was in sight. I wrapped my arm comfortingly around her shoulder and helped her manage to get up the steps.

"Alohomora," I said shakily to the huge doors. They were unlocked already, but swung open at my command.

It was much warmer in the castle than it had been outside, and I immediately began to sweat. Meghan looked flustered as well, but the sooner we got to the hospital wing, the better. We were almost to there.

"Madam Pomfrey!" I called out. She immediately peeked around the door, spotted Meghan and went to prepare.

"Just lie down, Miss Grant," she said hurriedly. I let go of Meghan and she weakly lied down on a vacant bed.

"You okay?" I asked gingerly. I sat down on the foot of her bed.

She shook her head, and a single tear fell down her cheek.

"It's going to be okay," I whispered. "You're in good hands, and you've got a friend right here who's ready to kick some ass."

She forced a smile, and closed her eyes. I could tell she was fighting back tears. How could Diggory do this to her? I shouldn't have trusted him. Oh well, it's time for him to go.

A mischievious grin spread across my face.

"Meghan," I whispered maliciously. "Madam Pomfrey will take care of you. I'm going to go. I've got a plan."

Meghan nodded. I gently squeezed her uninjured hand and swept out of the hospital wing.

"Please be there," I muttered to myself as I flew down the corridor. I ran down the stairs, past many portraits who were yelling at me for being so loud, and crawled through the barrel into the Hufflepuff common room.

"I should've known you gits wouldn't be at Hogsmeade," I smirked, eyeing Leo Harris and Summers.

"We had plans," said Leo defensively.

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes. "Listen, Summers, how about you help me out with something, okay?"

Summers stepped forward and eyed me suspiciously. "What's up your sleeve, O'Hara?"

"It's not hard, even a dimwit like you can help me out," I laughed.

"What's in it for me?" he asked.

"Something that you won't ever have without my help," I smirked. It was hilarious seeing him so confused.

"Quit your games, O'Hara, and just tell me what it is," he said angrily.

"A relationship," I replied, casually examining my nails.

Leo snorted, and I shot him a look.

"Sorry, O'Hara, but I'm just not that into you," shrugged Summers. Leo fell onto the couch in a fit of laughter.

"I'm not talking about with me you pile of rat droppings," I sighed. He stared at me with his usual blank expression. "I'm talking about Meghan."

Leo fell silent. Summers stared at me, wide-eyed.

"I can't date her," he said, looking worried. "I'd like to, but she's with Ced."

"Maybe not for long," I replied sadly. "Oh, for goodness sake, quit looking so lost!"

"Can you just tell me what you want of me?" asked Summers.

"Diggory's been at Hogsmeade with that dreadful pile of filth, Cho Chang," I spat. "He got pretty cozy with her, so it's time to make him jealous. When Cedric's around, your job is to give Meghan a bit of snogging action, alright?"

"You're mental, O'Hara," said Summers. "If I kiss her, Cedric will kill me!"

"I'll give you 20 knuts," I said. Summers considered this.

"How about 30?"

"How about 20 knuts or I'll give you a kick in the nuts. Your choice," I smirked.

"It's a deal," he said hesitantly. "But if I end up dead because Cedric pounded me, it's your responsibility to tell my Mum that you caused my death."

"Sounds good to me," I said, grinning.

"Why him though?" asked Leo, eyeing Summers.

"Because that will annoy Cedric the most," I replied malicously.

"You're one evil chick," said Leo, grinning.

I laughed at the pair of them, and ran off to the hospital wing.