{{ 30 }}

Cho’s POV

 I should have never agreed to help him win her back. Cedric and Meghan, I mean. I never meant to be like that. I meddled with two people who are clearly perfect for each other, purely out of my own jealousy and hatred.

 Of course, I really like Cedric. I love him. It was painful to have to help him when I knew he did not have true feelings for me. Well obviously he didn’t. It was because of a love potion. I should have known that. I want him back more than anything. It's wrong, yes, but all's fair in love in war. My mother taught me that.

 I don’t know how I’m feeling right now. It’s all so quiet and foreign. I don’t feel like talking to anyone or trying to move on. I’m stuck in the past. What could I have done to be with Cedric? Why was I so tempted and eager to have him? It’s all too much for me. Even my Ravenclaw mind can’t handle it.

 Then, there was Harry. Harry. What a charming boy, and handsome, too. He is completely nuts over me, and lately I have been feeling attracted to him, but only slightly. I don’t know what to do with myself!  

 I moaned and escaped from the warmth and security of my bed, into the freezing common room. Shivering immensely, I was able to change into my grey sweater, Ravenclaw tie, and simple pencil skirt. I put on my robes, and grabbed my bag, heading out the door to begin another dull Tuesday.

 Fortunately, I was not approached as I entered the Great Hall alone. I liked it that way. I liked to see what people were doing, and be able to be left alone. It was a strange hobby, I’ll admit, but it was good to see what was up with everyone else’s lives instead of facing the tragic one I knew as my own.

 I took a seat next to my friend Marietta, who was doing the only thing she knew how (besides flirting): Study.

 O.W.L.’s were around the corner, and I, along with every other fifth year student, was fretting about them. No one as much as Marietta, though. She was probably at the bottom of our year when it came to grades, but her ambitions were sky high. She wanted to become Head of Ravenclaw. She would not be able to achieve this if she did not study hard, and lately, when she wasn’t making out with the defenseless bystander, she was sweating over her books. I had not had a decent conversation with her since the previous semester, not that it mattered, really. It did make me feel quite lonely.

 It was especially lonely, then, and the aching in my stomach started when I saw them enter the Great Hall, cooing at each other like lovestruck idiots. Well, that’s what they were, anyway.

 I think Cedric must have seen me glaring at them. He gave me a grin, which I did not return. He followed Meghan toward the Hufflepuff table, whispered something in her ear, and began walking toward me. I turned quickly away and crammed a piece of buttered toast into my mouth.

 “Hey,” said Cedric from behind me.

 “Hi,” I said casually, not making eye contact.

 Without being invited, he slipped onto the bench and sat at an awkwardly distant place.

 “Uh, I just wanted to say thanks,” said Cedric, giving me one of those melt-your-heart smiles of his. I couldn’t help but smile back. I broke it immediately and shrugged.

 “I owe you a lot,” continued Cedric. “It was good of you to help me out, even when I-”

 He trailed off, but I couldn’t blame him. He clearly was stating that he didn’t like me back, which I already knew. Oh, well. You can’t have everything in life.

 “Don’t mention it,” I said quickly, relieving the awkward tension that created a force field around us.

 “Thanks,” said Cedric. “Well, see you around,” he said, getting up.

 I regretted not looking at him as he left. It was probably the last time I would see him for a while. After all, it was a big school, and we were in separate houses.

 It wasn’t over yet.

  After breakfast was over, I saw Cedric leaving the Great Hall, and I took this as my perfect opportunity to start my plan.

I marched right over to Meghan and sat down next to her, like we were old friends.

  "Hey Megs!" I said with a cheesy grin.

  "Hello, Cho," she said, her face fresh with confusion. She politely scooted away from me and put her napkin in her lap. I knew I was making her uncomfortable. It was so awesome.

  "How've ya been?" I asked brightly, playing on the whole 'old friends' strategy.

  "I am well, thank you," said Meghan.

  I continued smiling and caught a glance at O'Hara glaring at me. It was clear that I was not welcome at their table. Like I cared.

  Meghan would not look at me. I sat there for a few moments, contemplating what to do.

  Plan A: Get on friendly terms with her.

  It failed, so I moved onto Plan B: Threaten her.

  I looked around, making sure Cedric had not returned. Most of the students had left, hurrying to their next classes. It was really my luck day. I turned to face Meghan; or maybe I should call her Grant. Yes, that is better.

  I turned to face Grant and changed my bright expression to a cold one. She looked extremely terrified. It felt so good.

  "I just want to warn you," I said in an undertone, my eyes shooting daggers at her terrified face, "that Cedric always has been and always will be mine. I wouldn't question it."

  Grant gaped at me. I probably just blew her mind.

  "Have a nice day!" I said in a cheerful voice, and scurried out of the Great Hall.