{{ 28 }}

Cedric's POV

"Come and seek us where our voices sound. We cannot sing above the ground. One hour long you'll have to look, to recover what we took."

  "That's really strange," said Meghan. "Those are all the lyrics, you're sure?"

  "Positive," I said for the hundredth time. "And it's mermaids."

  "Mermaids," muttered Meghan, pacing about my dormitory. "Well, you just need something to help you search underwater for one hour. Have you thought of anything?"

  "One thing," I said, feeling the need to whisper. "A bubble-head charm."

  "Brilliant!" said Meghan, sitting next to me on my bed and giving me a kiss on the cheek. "Have you performed one before?"

  "Not exactly," I admitted, putting an arm around her. She sighed, causing her blonde fringe to rise into the air and fall flatly in her eyes. I grinned and wrapped it behind her ear.

  "What time is it?" she asked, stifling a yawn. I could not believe she had waited in my dormitory for me to come back from taking a bath. I had been in there for quite some time, accompanied by that creepy ghost, Moaning Myrtle.

  Finally, after almost all the bubbles in the bath had popped, it hit me. Mermaids.

  I felt kind of stupid having taken almost all night to figure it out, but once I did, I ran straight back to my dormitory, where Meghan was half asleep on my bed. She looked beautiful in her white dress, and her face glowed, even though most of her makeup had smeared from crying.

  She had not mentioned the note I had written her, so I was unsure what to make of it. Obviously she did not hate it, or she probably would have left and never spoken to me again.

  "Almost 3:00 AM," I said, letting out a yawn as well.

  She looked up at me and whispered, "I need to go to bed before Mace and Payton kill me."

  "I can't have my girlfriend dead when we have just gotten back together," I said jokingly. She laughed and drowsily stood up.

  "Goodnight Ceddy," she whispered, letting out another yawn. I stood up and wrapped my arms around her and we snogged for a few moments before she left.

  I finally made it, I had hoped, and I had waited. And for the first time in a long time, I did not feel so alone. My heart started to heal, knowing it was true. She was mine again, and would be forevermore.

Author's Note: Short Cedric chapter but I am writing the next one RIGHT NOW! it'll be up tonight or tomorrow morning. Love you all, and so sorry for the long wait, my laptop is CRAP!