{{ 33 }}

I Trusted You - Chapter 34

Air was the first thing I noticed. I took a deep breath of it. It felt like I had not breathed in hundreds of years. 

  Then I noticed I was wet. Obviously; I had been placed under a lake.

  Then there was cheering, and someone's lips met my own.

  I opened my eyes and saw Cedric. Out of excitement and shock I screamed right in his face. Luckily, the noise of the crowd droned my scream out, but that did not stop Cedric from getting the full impact of it.

  "Good to see you as well," he laughed as he swam us toward the platform. I did not speak, I was too excited. From the looks of things, we were the first back. That meant Cedric had come in first place! 

  Suddenly there were towels draped around me, and I was separated from Cedric. I panicked. Where were they taking him? I wanted to stay with him, how dare they!

  I started to get up, for I had been sitting, but I was pushed down by someone. There was no time to identify the jerk who was restraining me. I only had eyes for Cedric, who was being concealed by about ten dozen people.

  "Cedric!" I cried in desperation.

  "He's over there, sweetheart," said the woman who was restraining me. She had a firm grip, and I hated her, whoever she was. 

  "I don't care, just let go of me you dirty bludger!" I nearly screamed. Did she even understand that by having been in the water, I was the most important thing to him? Why would she not let me see him?

  "You're freezing, here's another towel," said the woman, not bothered by my insult.

  "I don't want your ruddy towel," I said firmly, with danger in my voice. I gave up struggling, and sat there with a throbbing heart. 

  Fleur Delacour emerged from the water, without her champion, and the woman who had been restraining me rushed to her, leaving me forgotten.

 I resisted the urge to shout some nasty words at the woman, and rushed forward, discarding my towels on the platform.

  He was standing up, being spoken to by Professor Sprout as the others went to find out what had happened to Fleur.

  I practically jumped into his arms. I didn't feel like letting go, ever. I hugged him tightly, closing my eyes and resting my head on his shoulder. He hugged me right back, and I did not let go.

  "I love you, Meghan," he said in my ear.

  "I love you, Cedric," I said back.

  I hugged him until he jumped back in shock at something oblivious to me. I had been in his arms for the longest time, and it was only reluctantly that I let go.