Chapter 11

Chapter 11

"Get...away from her." The boy said, his eyes dangerously mad. The girl backed up a bit, noticing that the thug's attention wasn't on her anymore.

"And if we don't?" one of the woman asked tauntingly.

"Then I'll beat you all up." The boy stated, taking a step closer. The girl placed her hands on the ground, looking for anything that can be used as a weapon, she couldn't find anything though. No..there was a large piece of wood. The girl hurriedly grabbed it, hoping to not get their attention.

"Awh..that's so cute." The other woman said, swooning sarcastically. The rest of the gang laughed for a little bit, before their eyes got a glint of evil in them.

"How about we teach this little twerp a lesson?" one of the men said, taking a step forward to the boy. The man swung back his fist, as if he was about to strike, but he stopped.

000

Natsu smirked as he saw his blonde haired friend walking down the hallway. Her blonde hair had been done in a tight bun, and she was wearing navy pants and a big navy shirt like always. Before, he used to hate seeing her wear things like that since it hid all of her curves, but now he's grateful that she does. Mainly because no other guy looks her way because of how she hides herself. Well, no other guy except for a certain blonde.

Natsu clenched his teeth as he thought about the man, his smirk, his good looks, and his douchbagness, everything about him made Natsu mad. However, he wasn't going to fight him, because Lucy told him not to. Lucy told him the truth about why she let Sting take advantage of him like that, and though it made Natsu pissed, he wasn't going to do anything yet. For Lucy, because he knows this is hard for her, so he'll respect her wishes. For now at least.

So..so she'll trust him more and it'll be easier to get into bed with her...yeah that's it.

"How's my favourite beauty queen doing?" Natsu asked as he slung his arm around Lucy's shoulder. Lucy didn't flinch, but she didn't smile either. She just kept walking normally, holding her books close to her chest.

"How's my favourite idiot doing?" Lucy asked in the same tone that Natsu had used. He noticed that the edges of her mouth was twitching to go up, as if she wanted to smile, but it soon died down and her emotionless expression returned.

"Awh! I'm your favourite?" Natsu explained cheerfully and felt the corners of his own mouth turn upwards as he heard Lucy giggled. It was such a sweet sound, and there was nothing hollow in it at all. It soon ended though, much to Natsu's displeasure.

The two walked in silence for a little bit, not an awkward silence but a comfortable silence. Natsu didn't know if Lucy was enjoying his presence as much as he enjoyed her's, but he wasn't planning on leaving her anytime soon.

For..the bet. Yeah..he needs to get closer to her..that's all.

"So what are you doing on Halloween?" Natsu asked, breaking the silence. It wasn't that he wanted to break it, he just wanted to invite her somewhere.

"Halloween? Is that close to now?" Lucy answered the question with her own question.

"Yeah, in about two 've you been missy?" Natsu looked at her questionably.

"Time flies when you're studying." Lucy said with Natsu hoping that she was being sarcastic there. However, with Lucy, you never know.

"Really? I don't think you're actually studying." Natsu scoffed and then he noticed that his arm was still around Lucy. She hadn't told him to move it, or try to herself. That's a good sign right?

For the bet at least..

"Oh really mister?" Lucy said raising an eyebrow at him "And why is that?"

"Because you're too busy having secret training sessions on DDR!" Natsu accused without missing a beat. Lucy looked at Natsu questionably before bursting into laughter.

"Just because I can beat you at something doesn't mean I have secret lessons." Lucy said and wiped a tear from her eye.

"Special. Training." Natsu said more slowly, making Lucy roll her eyes at his childishness.

"Sure sure you believe that." Lucy said smiling a little bit "And to answer your first question, Cana usually throws a Halloween party so I might go there."

"Oh..okay.." Natsu said a bit disappointed. Lucy noticed it too.

"Uh.. you can come if you want." Lucy said trying to cheer him up a little bit.

"Isn't it Cana's party though?" Natsu asked raising an eyebrow at her, but he was surprised that she tried. A bit happy that she tried too. No scratch that, a lot happy.

Because that means it'll be easier to bring her to bed if she likes him...right?

"It'll be fine, she likes you and I doubt she would randomly kick you out." Lucy said rolling her eyes at his dumbness. Which he didn't exactly get because he wasn't really being THAT dumb, was he?

"I would but my friends and I usually go to some haunted house on Halloween and I don't want to leave them." Natsu confessed, surprising Lucy a bit because of how much he cared for his friends.

"Why not go with them to the haunted house then all of you come over?" Lucy suggested.

"Are you sure that's okay?" Natsu asked, a bit skeptical on this.

"It'll be fine." Lucy reassured. Her friends are good people, and they would probably love Mira, Lisanna, and Elfman. And if for some reason her friends were being rude (which definitely wouldn't happen,) Lucy would just go with them.

Natsu nodded, trying to contain his happiness. Lucy just invited HIM somewhere. Yeah this bet is as good as his now..

The happiness ended a bit when he saw his school 'friends' motioning him to come over. Natsu sent them a glare, but they kept being persistant on it. Natsu was about to ignore them when he saw Cobra mouth something that looked like "I'll come there then," and Natsu definitely did not want that.

"I'll be right back," Natsu stated, removing his arm from Lucy. Lucy didn't make any strange movements and kept walking as Natsu stomped over to his 'friends.'

"What do you guys want?" Natsu asked angrily, glaring at them all.

"Sorry to interrupt your flirting session, but we've got something to tell you." Midnight scoffed rolling his eyes at Natsu. He received a super glare.

"What is it?" Natsu snapped.

"Lucy and Sting are dating now." Cobra said, resting his hands on his legs on the ledge he sat on.

"No duh." Natsu rolled his eyes.

"So we're adding more to the bet, if you win hm..what else could we do with the buffet?" Angel questioned herself, tapping her finger on her chin "Cobra will dye his hair neon green along with the buffet."

"WHAT?"

"DONE!" Natsu yelled at the same time as Cobra yelled 'What?' but no one listened to Cobra. Now Natsu was even more fired up then ever, but there was something in his gut telling him not to. Something that he ignored.