Chapter 2

What are you doing here?" The little girl asked noticing that the boy she had met a week ago was in her backyard. Most parents may freak out by this, but her father didn't seem to care. Well he didn't notice was more the reason. He was too busy slaving away in his office, not caring about his daughter.

"Well we're friends right? I just wanted make sure you were feeling better." The boy smiled at her. The girl noticed that the boy once again had no parents around him. No siblings with him. Maybe his parents let him do this kind of stuff?

"Friends?" The girl repeated, it sounded more like a question though. She didn't have friends her age, the only friends she had were servants and they were usually too busy to play with her. Having friends like this sounded...foreign to her.

"Friends." The boy said giving a toothy grin once again. She smiled back at him.

"Friends!"

000

Natsu looked around the school building, it was like the girl had just vanished. Natsu smiled at the familiar sighting of the building though. It was his second year of college. Honestly he liked college, he just wished he had some actual friends here.

The floor tiles to the main room of the the school were a light shade of pink, meanwhile the edges of the squared tiles were a bright yellow. The colors of their school. There were lots of old banners introducing school activities and welcoming new students to the school, it had been a week since the first day of school though so they must not have taken all this stuff down yet. It was like this last year too, he supposed it would be like this every year. People were always welcoming at this place even after a few weeks of school. On the first day of school this place was filled everyone was smiling though, he didn't remember seeing the blonde haired beauty though. Actually he hasn't seen her at all this week. Weird..

He felt something warm on his back and smiled once again. It was the sunshine coming from the skylight in the roof. He's always loved that skylight, it's always found a way to just may the room seem brighter. More cheerful.

Then he spotted her. She had turned to the right, walking down a hallway with white and black tiles. There were small lights every 5 meters down the hallways but there weren't any doors yet. She was headed towards the dorms. Or the library.

Natsu ran towards her, noticing that she still had a book shoved in her face.

Must be a bookworm he thought to himself.

When he got closer to her, he started to walk normally. Not wanting it to make it look like he was running after her.

"Hey there," Natsu said casually and leaned on the ground. She continued walking, she even sped up a bit. He stopped where he was and frowned a bit. Girls don't just...ignore him. It was physically impossible!

"I said hey!" Natsu repeated walking back up to her side.

"Hey." She said quietly, it didn't sound like she was shy though. Just annoyed and not wanting to talk to him. Which made Natsu want to talk to her more.

"Do you have a map because I'm getting lost in your eyes." Natsu said smoothly. He enjoyed using pick up lines and girls seem to enjoy getting complimented too so he figured he would try it on this girl. Apparently she wasn't like the other girls.

"Sorry, no map. Why don't you just get lost?" The girl said with only an annoyance motion in her tone of voice. Natsu stood there dumbstruck for a few seconds before deciding that this was a challenge. Natsu always accepts challenges.

"Is it hot in here or is just you?"

"Actually, it's you. Because you just crash and burned."

"Is there something wrong with my eyes because I can't seem to take them off of you."

"There must be something wrong with mine too, I don't see us getting anywhere."

"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"

"If I said I wanted to check out your ass, would you turn around and walk away?"

"Damn girl you've got a ton of comebacks," Natsu said chuckling at the last one. He then held out his hand and gave her a toothy grin, one that most girls would die for, it didn't even make her blush though.

"I'm Natsu, what's your name?" The girl stared at his hand for a second, actually moving her eyes away from her book.

"Lucy.." The girl, Lucy, said quietly without shaking his hand. This time her voice was quiet because she was annoyed, nor was it because she was shy, it sounded more like she was nervous. Worried.

But not shy.

It confused Natsu.

"Well Lucy, why are you pushing me away then?" Natsu asked raising an eyebrow at her, his grin not disappearing from his face. Lucy slowed down her walking a bit so Natsu could walk beside her. Natsu noticed that as well.

That's a sign! Natsu told himself in his head.

"Why are you trying to talk to me?" Lucy asked not raising her eyes from her book. Natsu let out a small laugh, Lucy was confused by it though. She didn't remember saying anything funny.

"I asked my question first." Natsu defended in a childish voice as he stuck his tongue out. Lucy rolled her eyes at his childishness, but Natsu could swear he detected a hint of amusement in her eyes.

"Fine, I wasn't 'pushing' you away. But I wanted to read my book. Now answer my question." Lucy demanded and closed her book, not without putting in a bookmark of course...bookmarks are life savers.

"Well you looked lonely since you don't have any friends." Natsu said, Lucy glared at him.

"I have friends."

"Oh really? Where are they?"

"Other schools, and most likely in our dorm studying. I just wanted some fresh air."

"Mhm." Natsu said smirking a little bit. Lucy kept her glare upon him.

"Well if you're going to be like that then I'm just going to leave." Lucy huffed and hurried her pace again.

"Hey wait I'm just playing!" Natsu then grabbed her arm, stopping her from walking. She glared harder at him.

"How about I make it up by buying you a vanilla milkshake tonight at chocolate shop downtown?" Natsu asked watching her eyes pop at the 'vanilla milkshake' part. He didn't know why but he thought she might like that. Must've been because she smelled like vanilla.

"I might be there." Lucy said before walking away, her book in her hands.

Natsu smirked to himself.

What a strange girl..