Chapter 10

"She's not paying you anything." a familiar voice said, making the girl widen her eyes. The men and women around her turned around to see the boy, looking as pissed as ever.

"What-what are you doing?" the girl asked, worried for the boy, but confused too. Why hadn't he have just left? Obviously he would've noticed that she was missing, and when he saw the people there, he should've left. He should've worried for his own safety. So why had he been there, instead of leaving her? Like what a normal person would've done.

But then again, he's not very normal.

"I'm here to help you." He replied giving her a toothy grin, all of the anger that had been on his face just washed away. Like it wasn't even there. But it reappeared when he looked at the people around her again.

"Awh look at that, the little brat's come to protect his girlfriend."

000

"How in the world did you guy's win?" Natsu sulked as he paid the man at the counter money. He was a somewhat big man with a French moustache, which made him look pretty cool. The man gave him a small smile that said 'I've know the feel," and patted him on the back before going into the kitchen to get the pizza's they ordered.

"Because you guys suck!" Lisanna laughed taking a seat in a nearby booth with Elfman and Gray. Elfman was at the end, where the wall was, while Gray was in the middle, and Lisanna on the side. The two boys sent her a glare while Natsu sulked over to them.

"You're cruel." Natsu pouted and went to take the seat next to Lucy on the opposite side of Elfman, but Mira beat him too it. "Hey!"

"Just because you screw her doesn't mean you get to sit beside her." Mira lectured, making Natsu pout more. He was about to take the seat beside Mira without fighting -because Mira can be just as scary as Erza, if not scarier- but the man at the counter called Natsu over to get the pizzas. Natsu sulked over to the man to get the pizzas and drinks.

"Wait a second..." Lucy said, looking over at Mira, her face was beet red "Natsu and I...we don't 'screw.'"

"What? Really?" Lisanna asked a bit surprised at this.

"He better not have.." Gray mumbled under his breath, Lucy sent him a small reassuring smile at him, which he noticed and smiled back. For her sake though. Gray had always been a brotherly figure to her and was very protective. And other then Natsu, he was the only one of her friends that knew about her past. Unlike Natsu though, he knew all of it. Except for one important detail, who the man was.

And Lucy wasn't planning on telling him.

Ever.

"Why did you automatically assume that?" Lucy asked focusing her attention on Lisanna and Mira. Elfman wasn't really paying attention and was just playing a game on his phone that he kept saying 'Was more manly then DDR'. Lucy was pretty sure that the game was Kim Kardashian though.

"Well the last person Natsu brought here was apparently really good at sex, but geez she was vain." Lisanna said rolling her eyes, then looking over at her sister "Remember Angel?"

"Ugh do I ever." Mira scoffed, and rolling her eyes like Lisanna had.

"But if Natsu did bring you and he hasn't tried anything with you," Lisanna started staring directly into Lucy's eyes "Then you must be very special to him."

"R-really?" Lucy stumbled, her face was most likely still red. She...she isn't ACTUALLY special to Natsu is she? But then again..he had comforted her, and from most of the rumours around school, they normally say he's pretty cold. He doesn't go out of his way for people. However, they are just rumours. Rumours are normally wrong.

Lucy most likely isn't special to him. And if she is, then she's going to quit college, which will most likely please her father. Her father hadn't even had wanted her to go to college, but he eventually let her, as long as she joined the same college as Sting.

The problem was that Natsu's there too, and it's hard to stay away from him. No..it WAS hard, now it would be impossible. Because she was blind and had forgotten everything that had happened.

But...she still doesn't want to stay away from him. She knows she's being selfish, but she knows she can't. She knows it.

So she'll just keep things between them as they are now and her father won't find out about him.

"I've got PIZZA!" Natsu yelled, his sadness gone, as he placed the tray of cheese pizza on the ground -the guys wanted a double meat combo, but the girls won so they chose- then passed the drinks to the people. Lisanna got a diet coke, Mira got a chocolate float, Gray got a root beer float, Elfman got Pepsi, Natsu got a jalapeño sundae (apparently they make that), and Lucy got a vanilla milkshake. She hadn't ordered that though. Well, nobody here told Natsu was drinks to get (he was the one ordering). Lucy kind of assumed that he knew what his friends liked, but how did he know what she liked?

"The first time when I invited you to get a vanilla milkshake, your eyes lit up so I kind of assumed.." Natsu said looking over at Lucy, answering her unasked question. Lucy nodded and tried to stop herself from smiling. Partially out of relief that he didn't remember, but she was also smiling because he noticed. He noticed her eyes, not her body.

Her eyes.

Damn it Lucy stop, you have to stop! She told herself, closing her eyes so she could calm down. But she couldn't. Her heart kept racing.

"This is awesome." Lisanna said as she stuffed her face with a slice of pizza. Lucy nodded taking a bite of her own. It really was good. Not fancy or rich, just fat. Very fat, with lots of grease.

Lucy enjoyed it here in Magnolia, living on her own, where she could eat whatever she wanted. But she knew that it couldn't last.

"Who knew Luce was so good at DDR?" Natsu scoffed looking over at her with a bit of anger. Well not real anger. Fake anger. Anger that you would use to get laughs. Of course he was a bit mad that he lost and the guys (including him!) had to pay. But that was Gray's fault, not Lucy's. Gray sucked at it. Natsu was just surprised considering it was her first time in an arcade.

"Beginner's luck?" Lucy suggested taking a drink of her milkshake. Natsu rolled his eyes.

"Yeah right you liar, you've obviously been to an arcade before and practised DDR so much so you could beat us here. You knew this day was coming and you trained for it!" Natsu accused wagging a greasy finger at Lucy, after eating almost half of the pizza. Everyone looked at Natsu in shock before bursting in laughter from his idiocy.

However, no one knew of the dark figure watching them. Observing Lucy especially.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH WHO'S THE DARK FIGURE? Whoever guesses it gets a virtual cookie...WITH ICING. Yayyyy

All da cookies.

All da ice cream.