Chapter 5

I'm her friend!" the boy answered instead, as he pointed to the little girl, who giggled. The goat servant raised an eyebrow.

"Who are you the child of?" the servant asked. The little boy looked down at his feet.

"It doesn't matter...he's gone now." the little boy said sadly.

"Does your father know about this?" The servant asked turning to the little girl. Her father's a rich, cruel man that doesn't take kindly to 'peasants' as he liked to call them. This little boy here would be considered a peasant, so the servant believed that her father would not approve of this.

"No..please don't tell Daddy though! He'll be so mad!" Lucy begged her servant. The servant didn't like the little girl's father, he didn't approve of her cruelty to her. Nor the cruelty to the other servants either. He had two reasons that he stayed though. One was that he had made a commitment to the little girl's mother, that he would protect her daughter. The other reason was that he loved the little girl like his own daughter.

"Okay, but you have to play somewhere else then."

000

"Stupid people and their 'emotions'." Natsu mumbled to himself as he walked down the girl's dorm rooms, holding a bouquet of flowers. They were pretty much all daisies with a few tulips in the match. Natsu would like to say he did himself, but he really didn't. He just got some tubby guy at the florist place to pick out the flowers, who knew he had such good taste in flowers?

Anyways Natsu was planning on giving the flowers to Lucy to apologize for whatever the heck he did. At first he was just confused about this whole thing, then he realized that some girls...are...well... emotional. So he figured Lucy might be like that (sadly) and got some flowers. Hopefully she likes them.

So here he is now, walking down the girl's dorms (that he may or may not be familiar with) when he see two familiar people in front of Lucy's dorm.

"Come on Lucy, why are you taking so long?" Natsu's long lost (not really) rival yelled as he banged on the door to Lucy's room. Beside him was a blue haired girl, but she wasn't like the other bluenette that was with Lucy. Her hair was a dark blue, and twirled into a swirl at the bottom. She was wearing a light pink, sleevless shirt, held up by small straps and showed a little bit of her stomach, blue jean shorts, and blue boots. The one beside her, Natsu's rival, had shaggy black hair, jeans, and a red buttoned shirt that wasn't buttoned.

"Gray...what are YOU doing here?" Natsu grumbled, not happy saying him. Gray turned his head to see Natsu, his facial expression was the same as Natsu's.

"I'm picking up a friend, what are YOU doing here?" Gray said mimicking Natsu's 'You'. Gray and Natsu kept staring into each other's eyes, not in a good way, until Gray's eyes landed on the flowers in Natsu's hands.

"Oh I see, trying to get in some girl's pants?" Gray smirked.

"No, not yet." Natsu said the last part quietly, "For your information, I'm bringing these flowers to Luce. So if you'll just step aside.."

Natsu tried pushing past Gray so he could bang on Lucy's door too. Except he found himself slammed against to a wall and Gray holding his shoulders there.

"Listen buster," Gray started.

"Buster?"

"If you so happen as touch Lucy, I'll ground you to pieces." Gray threatened, gritting his teeth.

"Right because you are OH SO scary." Natsu said rolling his eyes, "Besides why do you care? Are you her boyfriend?"

Gray's eyes widened at Natsu's last question, which made Natsu smirk. Natsu's smirk fell though when he realized Gray didn't widen his eyes in anger, he widened them in fear.