Twenty-Three

Once again, I had found myself drunk beyond belief. I was lying on the floor in the lounge, watching the room spin around me. I giggled dumbly, Mikey threw a cushion at me to shut me up. He wasn't as drunk as I was, but was drunk enough. I growled at him playfully, attempting to stand up.

"Hey, Mikey, I met somebody." I slurred, using the coffee table in front of me to crawl to my knees. His eyes lit up, he leaned in close, almost falling from the couch that he was lying on.

"Where?"

"Well, I didn't exactly meet meet him. I was people watching, and he walked into the bar. And I just thought 'that guy is sad'." I said, sloshing beer down my front. I frowned, patting my now damp shirt with my hand.

"Oh, that reminds me. We have to enrol in a school today. Elena told me to tell you but I forgot."
I growled angrily. What was the point in attending high school for the millionth time in my life? Not only was it boring, it was another chance to look at how much I had failed myself. Nobody could love me; unless it was all pretend, a desperate bid to take a piece of my immortality and use it for themselves. I needed somebody to love me for myself, not for the promise of living forever. Not that I'd ever change anybody by choice, I never wished that on anybody. I left the room, my anger managing to sober me up completely. I heard Mikey snort, he was sleeping already. I jogged up the creaking stairs, heading to my room. I picked up my desk, angrily tossing it at my door. I sank to the floor, hands running through my hair. I began to sob, thinking about how worthless and unnecessary I was to the human existence. I was there to take their life away, steal one of the only things that kept them functioning. I rocked back and forth, listening to my tears drop onto the cold floor. My hands looked for something to else to throw, my mind was swimming in self-pity.
                                    ~>•<~

The sun streamed through the window, the yellow light illuminating the room. I had curled up in a ball, staring at the wall. I hadn't moved for hours, I didn't even feel alive anymore. I was upset, and angry- at myself, as usual. Either Mikey was asleep, or he had decided to leave me alone . My stomach growled, I needed food. I craved fresh blood, the warm blood that was pulsating through the veins and arteries of
living people. I shook my head, refusing to think that way. Just because I was upset didn't make it any more acceptable to take somebody's life.

I pushed my desk aside, there was a dent in the door from the collision. Opening it, I felt ashamed of myself. For allowing myself to get so manic and so intent on killing somebody. I had spent so many years, months, hours, on training myself to only drink from the bottled supply. Damien was an exception- he was the one extreme that I would go to. I hated liars, I hated people that exploited me. I was coming to the conclusion that I hated people in general just as much as I hated myself. I slowly walked down the stairs, my hand running along the smooth, wooden bannister. I was alone- thankfully. I sauntered into the kitchen, taking a few green bottles out of the fridge. I took the corks out of them with my teeth, the smell emitting from them wasn't as satisfying as the fresh kind. But it did its job. I tipped each one into my mouth, gargling it in the back of my throat. I tossed the empty bottles into the trash, staring at my reflection in the glass of the window. I wasn't afraid of seeing Damien's face appear out of the shadows, he was dead and gone. No longer one of my many problems. I sighed, running a hand through my hair. Thinking.

"Have you quite finished?" An all too familiar voice asked, I froze.

"I-I'm sorry," I said quickly, watching her walk across the room. She looked hurt, not physically- at what, I didn't quite know yet. "I'm sorry Elena, I don't know what's wrong with me." I said, my eyes burning. Whenever I did something wrong around her I always felt like I had failed her.

"It's okay my sweet, we all have days like these." She managed to smile, her sweet disposition masked by the deep sorrow.

"I don't just have days like this- anymore. I have weeks like this, months like this. I don't know why I do it, I really don't." Her hand cupped my cheek, thumb brushing my skin affectionately, stopping me from rambling.

"I know when you're lonely, that boy- that character, he did this to you. He made you feel loved, and he wanted to take a piece of you with him. Be that your immortality, your sanity, or your dignity- he didn't care," she started, wiping away a fallen tear of mine, "You don't want anything but love Gerard, I know all of my children. I know you. You've known nothing but rejection for most of your life."

"I know." I sniffled, my hand shaking in my pocket.

"You'll find somebody to love, I know it Gerard. They're closer than you think, I promise." She said, taking her hand away. "I have to go now, but you promise me that you won't do anything reckless. I don't you want to hurt another soul today." She said, as if she was choking on her words. I nodded, staring at the ground.

"I promise."
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- Helter Skelter by The Beatles

A.N
So is anybody serious about having a sequel to the original story? Are you not bored of the characters yet XD I honestly do have an idea, I was just wondering if you wanted to read it XD

Lemme know what you think?? Don't forget to comment and vote ;)