Twenty-One

I was restless, being in a new house surely didn't help. I wanted to explore, but Mikey forbade me from leaving my room. He wanted to make sure that Elena had buried Damien and his sister. Every time I thought of them, paranoia swept over me. What if they came back? What if they both came back? I began to hyperventilate- panic attack. I paced from wall to wall, hands in the shape of a gun, fingertips tucked underneath my chin. Walking helped to calm me, but it wasn't enough. Every time I went to look out of the window I expected Damien to he standing there, waving at me, an evil smile spread across his face. I was pleasantly surprised that Mikey hadn't burst into the room to try to calm me down. I could tell by the way that he had been acting over the past few hours that he was just as nervous as me. He didn't want Damien and his sister back alive, they'd definitely try to find us. Damien would think that we were still in love- we weren't, and never would be again. I was willing to move on, to stray away from any lies that could cross my path. And with Damien, that would and could never happen. True, I didn't tell him about my condition, purely because I was afraid that that was the way that he would act; he would try to persuade me to change him.

The floorboards creaked underneath me, the sunlight barely able to enter the room; I had closed the blinds, through fear that any faces would appear at the window. How pathetic, my mind told me over and over again. It was pathetic, I was the biggest predator known to man, and ghosts were scaring me. I scoffed at my own stupidity, finally perching on the edge of my bed. I sighed, cupping my face with my hands. I heard Mikey stir downstairs, he would be paying a visit to me soon- well, I hoped that he would. I was beginning to feel lonely, and I needed some reassurance that the whole situation in the last town was finally over. A few moments later, there was a knock at my door. I laid back on my bed, inviting in whoever it was that was standing outside. Mikey gently pushed the door open, closing it behind him. His smile confirmed the end to my paranoia. He pulled me into a brotherly hug, patting my back.

"It's all over dude, they're buried, dead and gone." He reassured me, pulling away, an unfamiliar glint in his eyes. It was a happy sparkle, it was swimming around in his light brown eyes.

"I'm glad." Was all that I could manage to say, before he wandered over to the window, opening the blinds. The sunlight was blinding, I shielded my eyes with my hand, looking like I was about to salute somebody. He chuckled, telling me that I needed to lighten up- I excused his dumb pun.

"Well, now we have to get back into the normal routine. Find a school, make some friends, try to fit in. You know the drill." He patted me on the back again, before heading back to the door. I didn't want to be left alone, but I understood that he didn't want to hang around with me. At least I could explore, now that the whole situation had blown over. He left me alone to my own devices, lightly jogging down the stairs. My attention quickly spanned to the window, I lifted it up, jumping down to the ground. I landed on my feet, dusting myself off.

I analysed my surroundings, there were lots of trees, a huge forest that I wanted to explore. But, I had to get familiar with the streets first. Find some potential meals, the animal inside me screamed. I frowned, mentally scolding myself for thinking such a way. That was one of the reasons why my life would crash and burn, my past experiences coming back to haunt me. I sighed, tucking my hands into my pockets, beginning to walk down the street. The sunlight was beginning to fade, darkness falling quicker than I had expected. I expected to see tonnes of inebriated teens, but that wasn't the case. Instead, it was the odd adult that staggered around.

I could smell their poisonous blood, their nauseating body odour. I gagged, holding onto a wall for support. I planned on visiting a bar, using my charm to get free drinks until somebody noticed. What better way to get to know your peers than drinking their alcohol? There was no other way, it was the easiest way for me to get into their heads. I entered a bar that a swarm of people came out of, hoping to blend into the background. I planned on grabbing a drink, and blending into the background. There was nothing wrong with people watching; I enjoyed reading their thoughts, their memories. It was like one of those television shows to me. It wouldn't harm the people, they wouldn't even notice. I'd sit in the background, watching the people come and go.

I grabbed a beer from the bartender, free of charge of course. I tipped half of it into my mouth, allowing myself to slip into the shadows. I watched as random people came and went, mostly old men with bushy beards and severe mommy-issues.

That was when he walked through the door, his dark hair covering his face. His mind was a tragic circus of emotions, I was naturally intrigued...
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- God Is Dead? by Black Sabbath

A.N
This lil prequel is almost donnnneeeeeee, lemme know what you thought of it so far??
Don't forget to comment and vote ;)