Ten

The trees swayed as the water droplets fell from the sky. The fresh air tapped at my skin, failing to enter my lungs. Sitting down in the centre of the clearing, I felt like my mind was slowly putting itself back together. I hoped that it was. Mikey was probably wondering where I was again- but I didn't care. I was too busy admiring Mother Nature; and thinking about Damien. He was probably the love of my life- he was beautiful, in mind and body. He was different to person that I had ever met, he was pretty much unafraid of anything- and I loved that about him. I wished that he could've stayed at my house, I wanted to feel the warmth of his skin. I wanted to feel his blood beat around his beautiful body. It was mesmerising to me. I never had missed anything about being alive- if I was being honest. There was nothing worth remembering. Maybe the odd memory of my old parents would come to mind, but even their images were slowly and surely fading away into the darkness of my mind. I had made sure that they stayed safely locked away. I heard the crunch of twigs and branches, my head snapped to the herd of bushes behind me. I scowled, dismissing it as just an animal.

"Pretty, isn't it?" It was Damien, he must've followed me from my house. But I thought that he had gone home with his sister...
I smiled, pretending that I wasn't at least a little weirded out by his sudden appearance.

"Yeah, it is. Especially at sunset."
He sat down next to me- almost on my knee. But I didn't mind, he was special to me.
His head rested on my shoulder, as the sky grew darker and darker around us. It was growing cold, yet it didn't bother me. I couldn't feel it.

"I'm cold." He shivered, hoping for some sort of warmth from me; which he would never find.

"How did you know that I was here?" I quizzed him, curious as to how he had appeared out of nowhere. He smiled, lip quivering from the cold.

"I always come here, it's my favourite thinking spot. I come here when life gives me shit." He rubbed his arms, trying to warm himself up. I was saddened by the fact that I couldn't help, I would only make the matters worse.

"What's made you come out here tonight, then?" I asked, trying to sound remotely supportive. He rolled his eyes with a deep sigh, his breath freezing in midair.

"My parents, Reagan. They don't understand when I need a little space. A little time away from them. They just get so offended."

"Oh, I see. Well, if you want me to leave you, I don't mind." I chuckled, getting up to leave. He grabbed hold of my arm, pulling me down with strength almost like mine. He held onto my arm like a child holds on to their stuffed animal, his head pressed against it.

"You're not allowed. This is enough space for me." He said, refusing to let go of me. By now we had been submerged in complete darkness,  we were lucky that I could see in the dark.

"If you say so." I teased him, stroking his cheek. His skin was cold, I missed the warmth. I was tempted to drag him back to my house, but, Mikey would probably accuse me of something stupid- as usual.

"I'm also tired." He yawned, fingernails digging into my skin now.

"You can stay at my house, if you'd like?" I offered, half by accident, half on purpose. His eyes lit up like a fireworks display, his teeth showing in a huge grin. I hoped that he didn't expect anything else from me, because I was too tired to perform.

"Really?" He said, not attempting to hide his excitement. I nodded, helping him stand up. I wrapped my arm around his shoulder, guiding him back through the forest. I was glad that we could spend another night together, even through the odd circumstances. I didn't quite believe his story- but I would never tell him that. I didn't want to lose him, he was probably my only chance at happiness. He held on to me as we walked, stepping on rocks and twigs; almost falling over

"What'll Mikey say?" He asked as we neared the edge of the forest. I thought for a moment of so, before coming up with a believable answer.

"Oh, he'll probably be sleeping already. It won't matter." My stomach groaned as we walked, my eyes twitching. I could feel them changing, I could feel Damien's heartbeat through his shirt. I moved my arm away, scared by the possibility that I would drain every last drop of blood from his beautiful body.

"Was that your stomach?" He laughed; it was louder than I thought.

"Yes." I pouted, feeling a little embarrassed.
We went inside through the back door, it was less suspicious and Mikey would be less likely to hear it. As he jogged up the stairs to my room, I sidetracked to the fridge. I took a smaller bottle, it'd be less obvious. It was fresh- I had made sure of that. Damien probably wouldn't be able to smell it, seeing as it was only a small bottle. But, there was always that small chance that he would question why I was drinking it. And, there was always that other question.

Can I have some?
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- Ugh! by The 1975

A.N
Yes, I'm obsessed with The 1975 again. No, it's not unhealthy....
I'm not sure if I like this chapter either -_- but I know where the story's going, which would lead nicely onto a sequel to Vampires will never hurt you ;) don't forget to comment and vote, it helps me out.