~•Prologue•~

Twitching, the grass had been stained a violent shade of red. The smell of carnage was burning in the back of my throat, my shaking hand searching for him. Mikey. My brother, my best friend. Ignoring the pain, I rolled onto my side. Mikey's eyes were wide open, his hands clutching his throat. He was gagging, gurgling, choking. I let out a loud cry, moving his hands out of the way. He wasn't allowed to die, he couldn't leave me. Tears were idly flowing down his cheeks; they poured down mine- both from the pain, and the loss that was nearing closer and closer

"Mikey you can't die. What will I do without you?" I sobbed hysterically, keeping my hand against his chalky neck. He even choked on his words, I begged him not to speak. My legs grew numb, I was loosing feeling in my body. Mikey had long since stopped moving, struggling to breath. I was panicking, resting my head next to his. I didn't know what to do. There was nothing that I could do. There was a rustling in the trees. The world around me, it was growing dark and I saw nothing but shadows. I could feel nothing but the stinging pain that raged throughout my body from the stab wound in my stomach.

"Oh, such poor souls." A soft, female voice purred. It was the last thing that I heard- before everything blacked out, before everything would change. Forever.
                                     ~>•<~

I woke up, the burning sensation in my body becoming unbearable. I cried out, falling to the floor with great force. The room was simplistic, smelling of sweet flowers and blood. The metallic smell, it lingered in my nostrils. I was hungry. Hungrier than I had ever been in my entire life. A small mirror hung on the wall in front of me; I couldn't help but wander over. I expected my legs to give in from my wounds, but walking had never been so easy.

My appearance; it shocked me the most. My hair had grown, after having it cut off by my mother who deemed it 'Not suitable for fighting for your king'. My once hazel eyes had changed to a deep, blood red. The growling from the pit of my stomach grew stronger. I opened my mouth, noticing a sharp set of white fangs. I gasped, almost falling over.
Where was Mikey? I needed him, I was terrified.

I staggered over to the door, barging into it to open it. My cognitive skills were struggling to focus. I felt like a primitive monster beginning it's reign of terror. I almost fell down the old wooden stairs, tripping up at the bottom. I fell onto my hands and knees, wishing that it would be over, wanting to be dead. To finally be at peace.

"Oh dear, come, let me help you." It was that sweet female voice again. Her bony fingers clutched my arms, helping me to stand. She helped me into a chair, kneeling down in front of me.

"I know that you must be very confused, frightened too. But, drink this." She said, pushing an old bottle into my hands. I shoved it into my mouth immediately, tipping its entire contents inside, swallowing it all in one gulp. My stomach was satisfied, it had finished arguing with me. The old woman smiled, her watery, blue eyes smiling with her. I handed the bottle back to her, panting. "It's taken you a few days for you to wake up, we were worried. I was afraid that you wouldn't make it. You did suffer a lot of emotional pain. It tends to slow down the process." She said, patting my back gently.

"What process? Where is Mikey?" I panicked, my questions spewing from my mouth. She chuckled, her expression not failing in reassuring me that everything was okay.

"He's outside, admiring the lake. It is beautiful around here. You just need to allow yourself to adjust, Gerard dear." She placed her soft, wrinkled hand on my cheek, stroking my waxy skin.

"Why am I here? We were dying just a moment ago. I remember it, I was there." I said, bottom lip quivering. She soothed me, offering me reassurance and safety. She pulled an old wooden chair in front of me, sitting down. Face to face. Her skin was flawless, not a single blemish on her. She was totally untouched by age, her teeth perfectly white.

"You were dying almost a week ago. Not anymore my dear, now you are living- to a certain extent. You will enjoy this life Gerard, I know it. I have enjoyed it greatly so far. I couldn't quite tell you how long for. I gave you your life back, and you will live it. For me." She said, her thumb slowly stroking my cheek. I had to admit, I was instantly calmed by her. She felt like a mother me- the mother I had never really had before I was dying. She was kind, sweet, gentle.

Over the days, the weeks, the months, she helped us to come to terms with our new life. I was thankful for her decision to preserve us. We would be young and beautiful forever, just like her. Until all life came to an end. It was difficult to control my thirst at first, I would find myself in pools of blood in dark rooms, a lifeless body lying next to me. I never regretted any kill that I made, but I found it tedious. Listening to them scream for help, when I knew that there was nothing that they could ever do. Ever.

Mikey had it much easier, he could charm women into the palms of his hands. Me- I never thought like that. I was different, in a way, that was deemed unacceptable at the time. Nobody understood how I was supposed to continue the human race, if I was thinking that way.
-------------------------------------------------------Song Of The Chapter- Skin and Bones by Foo Fighters

A.N
So that was the prologue for when Gerard first changed. I didn't really wanna dwell on it for too long, because everything'll probably be all nicely tied together as the story progresses :3 tell me what you think, and don't forget to comment and vote ( it means a lot to me)