Chapter Thirteen - Don't Tell Me I Can't Be Sexy.

Chapter 13 - Don't Tell Me I Can't Be Sexy

As soon as my trainer set foot on the first marble step that led to the entrance of Scott’s house, the wide door gradually began to open revealing a man dressed in a smart suit with greying hair that was gelled back, giving him a sophisticated look.

“You must be Miss Peters. Master Scott is in his bedroom. Please come in and I will show you to his room.” The man spoke in a deep rich voice. I nodded my head in greeting trying not to think of how bad this little visit looked. Here I was, in Scott’s house and about to be shown to his bedroom. Anyone else would have got the wrong end of the stick straight away. I now understand why Chloe had thought I was his booty call. Thank God nobody would see me here.

Marshall the butler led me up a huge set of stairs and down twisting hallways. The walls were painted with a calming blue colour with pictures of the family in every space that could have been filled. I recognised Scott in some of the pictures. His striking green eyes and boyish grin could be seen even when he was a young boy. I also saw some of Justine, her shy body language in the photos suited the Justine I knew now, shy and placid. As we walked further down the hallway, I saw another little girl in photos. She had light brown hair, just like Scott’s and little curls that ran down her back. In all the photos, she was laughing and smiling. I smiled when I saw one of all three siblings, grinning in some field with a picnic in the background. They all looked great, like a professional photographer had taken them.

All of a sudden I bumped into something hard. But then I found out it was actually Marshall’s back.

“Master Scott is in there waiting for you.” He announced, not looked me in the eye, but straight ahead.

“Thanks.” I mumbled, putting my hand on the doorknob and twisting.

I had expected to see a normal teenage boys room with dirty clothes sprawled everywhere and dinner plates from weeks ago on the cluttered surfaces. But Scott’s room was remarkably tidy. Don’t get me wrong, some clothes had been thrown on the floor and some items cluttered the bed stand but other than that, it was pretty clean. It was completely different from Chase’s room, where the carpet has been unseen for years now and if you lost something, you never got it back. Although, since we moved here, he has been trying to keep his room tidy but he wasn’t very successful.

I found Scott sprawled on his bed, face down on the pillow and completely unaware of my presence. The door closed behind me. I took this moment to scan the spacious room. It had been painted a warm brown colour with a large mahogany bed to which he had his face planted to. A large flat screen T.V hung adjacent to the bed and below it stood a set of drawers. A large window gave had a great view of what I assumed was the back of the house, with a well-cared for garden.

Wait, I’m not here to check out his room.

Where the hell was our baby?

My eyes scanned the room. I saw everything from a stereo, several game appliances and other things a teenage boy would have in his room, but not our baby.

I tip toed over to the sleeping jerk and stood above him with my hands on my hips. I cleared my throat loudly, hoping to get his attention.