Chapter Fourteen - A Night To Remember

Hey everyone. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to upload but recently I have discovered an amazing little book that is The Hunger Games and let me just say wow.

I was hooked and I totally forgot all about uploading because I have been glued to this book. I love it. And then I find out there is going to be a movie! Oh my Peeta! SWEET!

Sorry, anyone who hasn't heard about the book or has but never read it, about talking about it so much but I have to recommend it to you all. If you're looking for some action and romance, it's the book for you.

Okay, back to this book.

It took me forever to write this because no matter what I typed, it didn't come out the way I wanted it to. But I think lots of you will like this chapter, a lot.

The song at the side is from The Hunger Games, it's simply beautiful...

Enjoy.

Chapter Fourteen - A Night To Remember

“Who’s this?”

The cute little girl looked up at me with a frown. Her chestnut coloured ringlets falling down her back and over her delicate shoulders. She had to be the little girl I had seen in the pictures, although her hair looked a little darker from the pictures and it fell a little longer down her back. She looked older, maybe a year or so but she was still incredibly cute.

Scott who stood behind me took a step forward and picked the little girl up in his arms and held her on his hips. I was momentarily surprised by his actions. He didn’t really seem like the brotherly type but here he was, holding his baby sister like she was the most precious thing in the world.

“This,” He nodded his head towards me. “-is my friend Morgan. She’s staying for dinner.” He informed her, not in the way a person would talk to a kid, but like she was an adult herself.

“Hi, what’s your name?” I asked sweetly, a warm smile on my face. She ducked her head shyly and buried it in her brother’s shoulder.

“She’s shy.” Scott explained before turning to her. “Go on, tell Morgan your name.” He urged her gently. Finally the girl raised her head and turned to me again, her bottom lip sticking out slightly.

“Abigail. But you can call me Abby.” She had a slight lisp and her voice was soft and sweet. She wore a light pink dress with a soft looking white cardigan. Just when I was about to speak again, footsteps entered the kitchen where we were standing. We turned to see Scott’s mum entering the expensive looking kitchen. Her eyes landed on us and a grin spread across her vibrant red lips.

“Oh, I didn’t expect to see you both here. I thought I would have had to drag you out of that room for dinner.” She winked. Just when I thought I had gotten over the fact that she caught us in a very compromising situation, she had to go and do that. I definitely knew where Scott got his dirty mind from.

Scott chuckled still holding a content looking Abigail.

“Hmm, that sounds like a good idea. Want to go back up to my room?” He wags his eyebrows suggestively while I roll my eyes and slap him lightly on the shoulder.

“You wish.” I scoffed. Abby giggled, still in her brothers arms. She slapped her brother’s shoulder, mimicking what I had just done. Her eyes shone with excitement as she watched me, waiting for what I was going to do next. Scott scowled at his sister, obviously wondering why she had just hit him. A grin spread across my face as I reached forward and flicked Scott on the nose. Abby eyes widened before she imitated what I had just down.