Chapter Sixteen - Making Enemies

Hey everybody. First of all I would just like to say THANK YOU SO MUCH ! Just a couple of days ago, the views on this story was just under 16,000. Now it's over 30,000. You guys are amazing. When I saw all the votes, comments and fans you have given me and this story I was like :O then I fell of my chair... no joke.

So I decided you guys deserve another chapter. And I have decided to shake it up abit. :)

Please continue to do what you guys are doing.

A virtual cookie for each and everyone of you. Yum yum.

Enjoy

Chapter 16 - Making Enemies

I wake up for school refreshed and ready to start a new day. I have my daily shower and get changed in my regular clothes. The weather outside looked like it was going to be a good day so I decided to wear one of my demin shorts that I brought from Colorado. Just as I slipped into them, my phone began to vibrate. I grinned when I saw who it was.

“Ashley! How are you?” I answer immediately. We haven’t talked in a while and I was beginning to get the feeling that we were slipping apart without us realising. But now that she called, it seems that there will be hope for our friendship yet.

“I miss you!” She practically screams down the cell. I smile warmly at hearing my friend’s voice.

“I miss you too.” I reply as I continue to get ready for school.

“Then come visit me.” She moans down the phone. I can hear chattering in the background which tells me she must be with her friends from school. Like Chase’s past girlfriends, Ashley’s school friends didn’t like me either. They repeatedly asked her like why was she friends with the weird girl who didn’t socialise with anybody other than her brother and next door neighbour. And every time Ashley would put them back in place. Which was why I treasured her as a friend so much.

“I can’t. I only moved here.” I sigh while picking up a light cardigan from on top of my dresser. An idea hits me then. “Why don’t you come here for a while? Gran has plenty of space and I’m sure Chase wouldn’t mind seeing you.” I suggest. I can literally hear her brain thinking as she is quiet down the other line.

“I don’t know.” She begins slowly.

“Why not?” I whine playfully.

“Well to be honest, I don’t think California can handle me. But if it’s to see my best friend in the whole wide world then I guess I’m just going to have to suck it up. If it’s all right with your gran that is,” Just then I hear demanding voices in the background and Ashley hissing back. “Because she’s my friend, now piss off,” Then there is more demanding voices. “Fine Derek!  I’m coming!” She yells back at this person Derek.

“Is everything okay Ash?” I ask, concerned at what’s happening.

“I’m fine. Sorry Momo, I have to go, bye.”

I don’t even have a chance to say good bye before she hangs up. Shrugging, I throw my cell on the bed and head to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

Soon I am ready and waiting for my brother to eat his breakfast. Oscar whipped us up waffles this morning and as always, they tasted amazing. Finally Chase gobbled up the last forkful and began rubbing his tummy in satisfaction.