Chapter Thirty Five - Deals & Misunderstandings

The third chapter is here... As promised. I really enjoyed writing this chapter so hopefully you enjoy reading it. I'm working on the next update now so fingers crossed you won't have to wait long :)

Chapter 35 - Deals & Misunderstandings

"Oh my word." Tessa breathed out a sigh of admiration. I felt myself exhale in relief. She liked it.

We stood in the dressing room of some posh looking shop Tessa had dragged me into. After we had skimmed through the many racks of expensive clothes, I spotted this dress immediately. It was a shimmering grey colour, that clung to my curves and the hem ended several inches above my knee. It was sleeveless and had a sweetheart neckline which made the simple design of the dress a little more intricate.

It showed just the right amount of cleavage without leaving me feeling uncomfortable. And I loved it.

"You look hot." Tessa complimented, swirling her finger in a circle motion, wanting me to turn around. I grinned, feeling a light feeling in my chest as I happily obliged to her order. I had to admit that shopping was pretty therapeutic, no matter what anybody else thought.

"I feel good." I admitted, running my hands down my sides. My early morning runs helped me keep a semi fit figure even though I ate like a horse.

"Damn girl you have some serious curves!" A voice exclaimed. I looked behind me to see Piper standing beside Tessa with a smirk on her face. I felt my grin get larger. I don't know how she knew to come here but I was glad that she did.

"Hey what are you doing here?" I asked, stepping forward to pull her into a hug.

"Tessa called me. She told me about your plan and I did not want to miss out on something like this." Her smirk grew larger as she folded her arms. I looked at Tessa and gave her a grateful smile. I didn't even know they both knew each other but I was glad that they did. It was nice to have them both by my side when I needed them most.

"Scott is going to faint when he sees you in that dress. And Ryan was surely appreciate it as well." Tessa commented with a cheeky wink. Piper's face screwed up in confusion.

"Wait what? How is Ryan involved?" She questioned, looking at each of us in turn. I felt a smile tug at the corner of my lips but I keep it in check.

"He's her date." Tessa informed her moving forward to play with my hair, most likely wondering what way would compliment my outfit better. Piper's mouth formed a perfect 'O' shape so I quickly began to explain.

"It all started after rehearsals today..."

"I feel so proud." I admitted, crossing my arms in front of my chest as I surveyed our work. Rehearsals finished early today as Piper thought we deserved a break which everybody was happy about. So Ryan and I decided to take the time to finish of the scenery which was now laid out on the ground in front of us completed. With Ryan's artistic flare and my ability to follow his orders, the sceneries looked incredibly neat and professional.

Ryan, who stood beside me nodded in agreement.

"Yeah we make a pretty good team." He replied with a carefree smile on his face. My gaze lingered a bit on his cute smile. Why couldn't I like someone uncomplicated like Ryan. When we had our after school art sessions, we always got along easily and had fun doing it. Why didn't I feel the same attraction I do for him like I do for Scott? Ugh!

Ryan noticed that my face had pulled down into a frown.

"Hey, is something wrong?" He asked seeming worried now. I turned my face away and tried to sound upbeat again.