Chapter Twenty Six - Persuasive

Not a very exciting chapter... But the next will be I promise. :)

Enjoy

Chapter 26 - Persuasive

After sending a quick text to Gran that I would be later than usual, Ryan and I began to set up the paint and tools that we needed before getting straight to work. I wasn’t the best painter in the world but I knew to keep inside the lines of the drawing. The large canvas had a light sketch of a throne room drawn on with high pillars that were to be painted a shining gold with a vibrant red carpet leading to two thrones with a giant chandelier hanging from the ceiling. Even though the canvas was 2D, the artist had succeeded in drawing everything as if it could pop out of the drawing at any second. I quietly applauded the talented person in my head and wondered out loud to Ryan as I did.

“So who drew this?” I asked, kneeling beside him as we got to work. I was about to start on the carpet while he began brushing on some gold to the pillars. Ryan glanced up to me as if he had forgotten I was there. When he realised I had asked a question I could see a light blush settle on his cheeks as he awkwardly scratched the back of his head.

“Um, I did.” He admitted, returning to his work. My mouth opened slightly in shock. He had done this? I breathed a sigh of admiration and couldn’t help but smile a little at the blush that arisen on his face and it felt good to know that it was me who had that effect on him.

“You’re really talented.” I complimented, dipping my paintbrush in the red paint tin beside me. My voice echoed through the empty auditorium where I could only hear the sound of my own voice. Ryan looked over at me with a small smile, his lips pulled up gently. His mouth was interesting with their curved shape and plumpness.

“Thank you.” He replied, getting straight back to work. He didn’t seem too eager to talk but I realised that we were in comfortable silence as we both worked happily on the scene. It was nice and relaxing and I had to admit I liked it.

I was nearly finished with the carpet when Ryan suddenly got to his feet, wiping off some dust that had collected on his light jeans.

“Would you like me to put on some music?” He asked, looking down at my with a friendly look. Some music wouldn’t be so bad. I just hoped he has a good taste in music.

“Okay.” I smiled back. He soon left and returned a few minutes later with a small black radio in his hands. A wry grin played on his lips.

“It’s a piece of junk but at least it plays some music.” He admitted, setting it down beside us and began playing with the dials until we faintly heard a DJ talking. He settled on this station and picked up his paint brush again.

“So how has high school life being treating you?” He asked suddenly. I stole a quick glance at him and nodded my head with a smile.

“It’s been different but I’ve got used to it. To be honest, other than getting up early every morning, I kind of love this school. I sound like such a dork, huh?” I chuckled to myself after realising that I had actually just used the word dork. Does anyone even use that word anymore? A small smile played on his lips but he didn’t look like he was about to mock me.

“Of course not, well maybe a little dorky but not a total dork.” He teased. I smiled at him, taking in his long angular face and strong mouth. His warm chocolate eyes continued to work on his soon to be masterpiece. I quickly pretended to be offended and gasped.