A Different Perspective Pt. 2 {73}

Ian POV

Oh crap! Why didn't I just keep my mouth shut.

"I do my research" I stated as a joke that she didn't find funny. Shit was she mad?

"I had my people look into you" More specifically Gideon but I kept that little detail to myself.

"Why the hell would you do that? That's an invasion of privacy."

"You wer-still are a mystery to me. I had a lot of questions about you and before you were to busy hating me to ever talk to me"

"So you figured digging up personal information would help?"

She was right. Fuck. I didn't know how to handle this. What do I do in a situation like this? Honesty is always the best way to go. Right? "If it makes you feel better it didn't. If anything it confused me even more"

"Don't you understand how fucking weird and creepy this is?"

I never saw it that way. I had questions about her and I needed answers, "I didn't see it that way. I just wanted to get to know you better."

She pulled away from me and sat at the edge of the couch. No. Come back, "Maybe if you weren't busy making out with Valentina you could"

Is that what this is about? Valentina?

"Valentina was just business and you know it"

She sighed and ran her fingers over her face. She stuffed more pieces of the chocolate in in her mouth and had a depressed look. I hated to see her stressed about something as small as this.

She finally lifted her head up and asked,"How much do you know?"

You don't want to know the answer to that.Sidetrack her Ian. "My team is very detailed" I pointed at the TV screen, "I think it's the neighbor who killed. He has the motive"

"That's my move" she muttered referring to the distraction technique.

Distraction wasn't going to work,"Everything that I know is from a piece of paper. I want to hear these things from you"

"I wouldn't be telling you anything you didn't know"

"Yes. You actually would. I want to hear it from you" I reached over and flicked the TV screen off, only interested in solving the beautiful mystery next to me.

She started to speak but then recoiled away and mumbled, "This is stupid!"

I rubbed her back soothingly, wishing she was in my arms instead. She took another bar of chocolate and I realized that the the chocolate was like a her liquid courage. It helped her talk.

Give her time Ian. This is hard for her to talk about. Wait. Don't pressure her. We sat in silence for a while till she started to talk.

"My parents died when I was sixteen. But you probably already know that"

"Stop. Just talk to me" She seemed to really struggle with talking about her past and flashbacks of mine went through my head. The worst part was talking about it and I hated how I was forcing her to talk about hers. I didn't want to treat her like those people treated me.

I brought her into my arms just because I couldn't stand her being far away, "We don't have to talk about this now"

She shook her head and started to speak again, "After their deaths I was with a social worker. Everyday she would tell me 'We are calling the family on your mom's side and your dad's side.' So naturally I had hope. Every damn day, I had hope! But no one would answer. No one wanted another addition to the family. Mrs Defrenta tried to hide it from me because she never wanted me to know."