Kidnapped? {23}

Why did I turn the lights on? I reached over to my desk to turn of my lamp to find that it wasn't there. With my eyes closed I tried reaching further since I didn't want to leave the soft cocoon of my bed.

I jumped upright and my eyes shot open. Why was my bed soft? It was never soft. Where was I? The cream soft silky sheets contrasted against the purple hard cotton of my bedsheets at home

The room that I was in was like the movie scenes.  There was a table in the middle with lots of bags on top of it. There was also a matching couch on the side of the room. I took the blanket of me and noticed that I still had on my whole outfit and I looked down to see that even my heeled sandals were still on.

I jumped out of bed and I instantly regretted it since my head started pounding. Sitting back down I rested my feet on the plush carpet. Whoever kidnapped me, kidnapped me in style.
Taking my shoes of I tried remembering what happened last night and why I was inside this room. I remembered going to the banquet with Mr McKinley and then getting into his car. Where was Mr McKinley anyways?

Instead of thinking about how I was going to try to escape from my kidnapper I walked into the door on the side which led to a bathroom.

The bathroom was beautiful with a shiny ceramic tub and marble sinks. After I relieved my excruciating bladder I went into the mirror.

My curly hair that I tied up was still tied but most of my curls were loose and floating around my face. I left my hair like that since I liked the way the messy bun framed my face.  My makeup was smudged beyond repair.

Going over to the toilet I took some of their toilet paper. The soft toilet paper was different compared to the hard ones of my house.

After wetting the toilet paper I began wiping off all my makeup.  The hardest part was the eyes because the false eyelashes kept getting stuck into my eye lid. After a couple of minutes later I was makeup free.

I rinsed my face with some water before I left the bathroom. A part of my mind reminded me that I was in an unknown room and there was a high possibility that I could have been kidnapped. But then the other part of my mind reminded me that if I thought too much then my head would start to hurt.

I sat on my bed as I tried to think of a way out of this. There was three possibilities. One, I was kidnapped and my kidnapper felt bad after he took me so he left me in a fancy hotel.

Two, I was kidnapped by someone who wasn't smart since they left me with an easy escape.

Three,  I wasn't kidnapped at all and this is all a dream.

I highly doubted the latter was true. My mind kept thinking of scenarios when I would climb out the window, kick the door open, or crawl through the vent. But my body refused to move as it laid down on the soft blankets. What was this made of? Clouds?

I slowly got up from the bed with my shoes in hand and padded my way over to the door. As neared the door, it shot opened. The loud noise scared me and  and I lifted up the heel of my sandal as a weapon.

Relief flooded over me when I saw it was just Mr McKinley. His attire was very casual. He had on a plain white tee with grey joggers and black Nike’s were on his feet.

“What are you doing” his annoyed look pissed me off. How dare he. He's the one that kidnapped me.

“I'm not doing anything. Your the one who barged into the room.” I whispered since it hurt to talk

After a moment of silence I assumed he either didn't care enough to answer the question or he didn't hear me.

“Why did you kidnap me?” I said as I cleared my aching throat since it desperately needed water.

“I didn't kidnap you nor will I waste my time kidnapping you. After you got wasted till you couldn't even walk I tried to take you home. And of course, conveniently, you choose that time to fall asleep.” he explained

Little flashbacks of me drinking at the banquet went through my mind. They were all hazy and blurred so I couldn't pinpoint what actually happened.

I rubbed my temples and responded “If I could remember what actually happened then I would know what you are talking about”

“You don't remember embarrassing me. You made me look like the biggest fool. If I knew you couldn't handle your alcohol then I would have never taken you”

“I'm not an alcoholic”

“I never said you were.”

“But you implied it”

“Me implying something and saying it are two different things. Don't tell me you left your brain cells back at the banquet. You were such a mess. It pains me to think about what you said to Daymond”

A blurry image of me talking to a caramel skinned man in a suit come to mind. I quickly tried to change the topic since the image that came to mind was me and him drinking. “Where are we? Is this your house?”

The thought of being in Mr McKinley's house was an unnerving thought.

“Don't flatter yourself Ms Suren. I took you to a hotel. And don't worry the bill from this place is coming out of your paycheck.”

My mouth dropped open in shock. Mr McKinley really didn't care about me. “You left me alone in a hotel when you knew I was drunk”

“Ms Suren don't jump into conclusions. Just because I didn't sleep in the same room as you doesn't mean I wasn't in the hotel. I slept in my own room across the hall.”

I sighed in relief since the thought of me being drunk in a hotel alone scared me.

“Now if you are done wasting even more of my time then go get ready to go home. You're relieved from your duties as my Personal Assistant. Permanently.”