You're Late {50}

It wasn't till the elevator door closed that I let a tear roll out. Another tear followed and I harshly rubbed them away. You don't cry about boys Delilah. Don't cry over him. After some pep talk I got into my car.

I drove around with no place in mind. At least I get to have the day off tomorrow I reminded myself. When I got home Maria wasn't there. She was working. But in the bathroom was Jason. He was leaning over the sink as he shaved the little stubble that began to grow on his face.

"Hey you're back early." he observed.

"Yeah" I stated vaguely.

"Are you okay?"

I nodded my head and changed the topic, "Where are you going?"

"Mike is taking me out to the movies today."

I felt a little jealous at how cute Jason and Mike were. A loud knock on our door made my eyes dart towards it as Jason dropped his razor into the sink.

"What? He's here already? Dee please stall him. Just give me 20 minutes."

The concern on his face made me want to help him so I shut the bathroom door and walked to open the door.

"Delilah" Mike said as he fidgeted at the door.

"Hey Mike. Come in." I led him towards the couch and he nervously sat down.

"So ummm..you and Jason are roommates?"

"No, not really. He's has his own place but he's just staying here temporarily."

"Oh" he said as he avoided eye contact

"Stop making this awkward." I said

"I'm trying but it's hard" his face reminded me so much of Ian. The only difference was Mike had bright blue eyes while Ian had light brown eyes.

"Well I never knew that you were gay." I inwardly realized how ignorant I sounded and corrected myself, "There's nothing wrong with being gay. My best friend is gay, it's just that I never knew"

"No it's fine. It's actually a secret that I have been trying to hide. No one knows. Not even my family"

"Why not?" I questioned since his family was very understanding and supportive.

"Because for most of my life I was in denial. I just don't want to say something as big as this unless I'm 100% sure about myself"

"Why aren't you sure?"

"I just feel like I'm waiting for the right person and for once I honestly feel like I found him"

"That's good to hear. Just so you know if you break Jason's heart I will track you down Mike McKinley."

"Alright Delilah" he said, "So how's it going with my asshole of a little brother?"

"Ian is being himself as always" I stated vaguely. Mike could sense my discomfort and he quickly changed the topic.

"Me and my football team are hosting a charity event for children's research hospital. It's June 19. A Sunday."

"Really! That's great"

"Yeah it's something that we've been wanting to do for a while." he had an odd look on his face and I could tell he had something to get off his chest.

"What's wrong?"

"I was thinking about inviting Jason. But I don't know if it's too soon."

"It might be" I stated honestly, "You haven't even told your family yet."