Work {14}

Standing in a towel I debated what I was going to wear for work today. Feeling my wet hair drip into my towel I picked out a bright pink shirt and one of my long grey skirts. I placed the clothes onto my bed and walked into the bathroom to do my hair. Taking some more of my hair gel I rubbed it into my hair before braiding it into two braids with plans of taking it out later.

I put the skirt on over my pink shirt and put my black flats on. Walking into my kitchen I realized how I was going to be able to have a proper breakfast today.

Taking out a piece of bread I sliced it and put it in my bag for lunch. Going into the fridge I grabbed the first soda bottle that I found and put it in my bag. Looking through my bag I found the bag of chips that I bought the other day and made a mental note to eat that during lunch too.

I unbraided my hair and loved seeing my curls more defined and bouncy.

After drinking my tea with some crackers I got on the bus and two hours later I was inside the cool building and on my way to Mr. McKinley's office. When I stepped inside I wasn't surprised to see it was empty since I was 45 minutes early.

Taking this time to my advantage I began doing what I do best which was organizing. I went to the file cabinets and I arranged all the files based on what it was about. I put the files about Money, and the ones about people in different cabinets and I continued to do that to each file.

Thirty minutes later I had the entire filing cabinet arranged and the files inside the folder were also placed in alphabetical order. Walking out of the door I made my way downstairs to the break room to make Mr McKinley his coffee.

Not knowing how Mr McKinley likes his coffee I just decided to go with straight black since it matched his personality. I slowly walked into the elevator then into Mr McKinley's office so that the hot coffee wouldn't drop onto the ground.

After placing the coffee on the desk I straighten up Mr McKinley's office. I fixed the pillows on the couch. I arranged the papers on his desk into neat organized piles.

Looking around the room I noticed two doors in the far corner. Not wanting to get fired I sat down with Mr McKinley's notebook and pen in my hand and I was ready to write.

Going over a mental checklist I realized that I have done everything I could without stepping over boundaries. Checking my phone I saw that Mr McKinley was 3 minutes late.

This little fact made my mind ease since I knew that he could also make mistakes. A few minutes later the door opened and in walked Mr McKinley.

His face wasn't shaved and a five o'clock shadow was growing and it made him look look a lot more untamed. His brown eyes were the same cold eyes as they always were. He had on a light blue shirt with the first couple of buttons unbuttoned exposing his tan chest. He paired it with some black slacks and over his shoulders was was a dark blue suit jacket. I assumed he took of the jacket because of the heat outside.

I turned back around to face the desk as Mr McKinley placed his briefcase on the desk.

"Good morning sir" I said using my sweetest voice but all I got in reply was a grunt before Mr McKinley took his cup of coffee and drank it all in one sip. I guess the coffee had cooled down since he was late. 

Not wasting any time Mr McKinley got right into my tasks for the day. "Go down to the mail room and get me my important mail. Go to the cafeteria and fire Chef Randy and put someone in charge temporarily. Find me five potentials of the chef position so that I could pick one. Then you need to go see Sophie at 10. Then by 12:30 you need to run an errand to James Pottman house because he has some files for me. Due to your current transportation issues and for the sake of time, Nate will drive you. Keep your phone on you at all times."

"Okay sir" getting up I walked out of the door and made my way to the mail room. During my bus rides I memorized the map of this building since it was so huge.

When I got down into the room I saw someone in a little office and I walked over to them for help.

"Yours or Others" the red haired girl said. Her delicate green eyes were framed by long eyelashes and her delicate features contradicted with her rude voice and annoying gum chewing.

"Excuse me?"

"Are you here for your mail or are you looking for others."

"I'm here for others"

"Floor"

Confused I repeated the words again "Excuse me?"

Groaning she responded with "What floor is the person on?"

"I am looking for Mr McKinley's mail"

Shocked the girl quickly adjusted to compose herself. "You're the new PA?"

"Yes, can I get the mail please"

"Yes I just need an ID"

"I don't have one yet. I just got the job. If you don't believe me then just call him" the look on her face showed me that the last thing she wants is to interrupt Mr McKinley's day.

Taking a paper out she made me sign my name down before she gave me a key and showed me where to go.

"All mail for our boss is put in his mailbox so it doesn't get mixed with someone else. You're going to have to make a copy of the key because I need a copy and so do. Once you have a key you just walk to the end of the hall and the biggest mailbox is Mr McKinley's"

After getting his mail, I didn't have a place to exactly sort it I just used the table in the mail room. Looking through them I saw many different kinds of mails. Any letter that was advertising something was sent to the trash pile. The business letters from people or big packets were kept.

When I got back upstairs I went into the copy room so that I could shred the other letters. When I walked in I saw Connor talking to another girl in the room. Not wanting to disturb I went to the back and put all the files in the basket to be shredded.

When I turned around I saw Connor flirting with the girl and with my spirits down a little I walked back to Mr McKinley.