McKinley Enterprises {2}

After getting into my third and final bus I checked my phone to see that it was 9:15am now. I had my interview at 10am so I knew I had plenty of time to make it there. Looking into my bag of chips I was very proud of myself for not eating a lot and saving some for later in the day

Three stops later the bus was finally at my stop and even better I was 20 minutes early. As soon as I stepped of the bus the enormity of the company surprised me. The large words of McKinley Enterprises stared me down as if disappointed in my choice of fashion and transportation.

Shaking it all off I took a step into the building and I took a breath of the cool crisp air. The air conditioned air felt amazing compared to the sticky May weather outside. Wow! Even their air smells rich.

I walked over to the receptionist in my flats watching everyone rush to the elevators or the stairs. Why is everyone rushing? If they woke up a little earlier they wouldn't have to rush.

The receptionist was on the phone making calls, writing what I could only assume as emails, while trying to sneak some food into her mouth. You would think with all the cool air this company has they would have two receptionists.

Being polite, I waited for her to finish her call and I pretended not to notice her put the chocolate donut inside her drawer.

"Hi I'm Delilah, and I'm here for the job position of Personal Assistant" I said to the pretty blonde

"Yes. Okay thank you so much for coming. Your very early that's great because Mr. McKinley hates tardiness."

Not knowing what to say to her I smiled at her and nodded hoping she would take the hint and just direct me to the interviewer.

Seeming to receive the telepathic message the girl got up and with a quick gesture she led me to the waiting room while she gave me a history of the building. From all her talking I got her name was Sophie and she has been working at McKinley Enterprises for 3 years.

As we walked to the waiting room I tried to ignore the looks I got from people looking at my clothes. It was this moment that I appreciated the fact the Sophie talked so much that she didn't notice what I had on.

After escorting me to the waiting room Sophie left me alone to wallow in my thoughts. And from the three rows of chairs I picked the first row to sit in. A few minutes later another girl came and from the flash of blonde behind her I knew Sophie escorted her here too. She must be here for the job position too.

Since we are applying for the same job then we must have similar interests. When the girl turned around I gave her a small smile. Instead of doing the kind thing which is to smile back she gave me a disgusted look then proceeded to walk in her obnoxiously high heels to a seat in the first row. I hope she doesn't get the job just because of that nasty attitude of hers.

Judging by the big clock that hung in the middle of the wall in between the two paintings it showed it was 10:15. I counted six more girls who came through the door making it 8 girls in total including me fighting for the Personal Assistant position.

The door opened and Sophie walked through the door with a tablet in her right and and with her other hand she scrolled through the names.

Jessie Simons. Follow me"

Jessie would get up follow Sophie with her belongings and never come back. One by one that's how it went. As the number of girls decreased the more nervous I got.

"Valetina Farera" Sophie said. The girl who was second to come into the room got up, straighten her black pencil skirt, pulled down her lace tank top and buttoned her blazer. Then she confidently strutted out of the room with her heels that were at least 6 inches. Her name sounded very familiar but I couldn't pin point where I heard it from.

After she left there was me and the other girl with the edgy blue hair left in the room.

Soon enough Sophie came back and she called my name. I got up like every other girl and followed Sophie out the door.

As I walked behind Sophie I used my hands to smooth the wrinkles of my skirt and positioned the stitched hole in my skirt so that it is not very obvious. My hands unconsciously went to my hair to make sure every curl was tucked into my bun.

I followed Sophie up the elevator to the 21st floor and down the hall till I saw her stop in front of a large door

"Mr. McKinley is right in. Don't be nervous. Be confident and you got this."

Giving Sophie a small smile, I idly wondered if she gave the same speech to other girls. I grabbed the huge brass door handles and pushed forward till I was staring at three steps that led down from the door.

Two couches sat on opposite sides of the room and there was a huge desk that was in front of two huge windows with three chairs in front of it. I carefully stepped down the steps being very careful not to trip on them

As I walked over to the desk, I finally got a glimpse of Mr. McKinley. When I researched him there was no current pictures of him. There was only old high school pictures of him.

As I got closer I noticed Mr. McKinley was sitting down on a large black office chair and he had a pen in his hand and was intently focused on a piece of paper in front of him. Does he not notice that there is a stranger in his office?

As soon as I got into fingertip length of the chairs I opened my mouth to say something but he beat me to it.

"Name?" He barked still not bothering to even look at me.

"Delilah " I whispered. Why am I whispering I wondered as nervousness flooded over me like a wave.

"Name." He barked again

"Delilah" I stated

"Delilah what? Did your parents not give you a last name or are you incapable of answering my question to its full capacity"

"Sorry..umm Delilah Suren"

Mr McKinley scribbled some words onto his paper and made a few grunts. He also tapped some keys on his tablet and from the mess on his desk, I understood why he needed a PA. 

"Sit. I don't like you hovering over me like a hawk" Mr. McKinley said 

Quickly putting my bag down I sat on the chairs behind me. Looking up I saw Mr McKinley still writing notes down. Looking down I decided to cross my legs because all the girls in the movies did it.

This position was very uncomfortable since it directed all attention towards my worn black flats. So I put my foot back down and pushed my skirt down to cover my shoes.

"Are you done Ms Suren?"