Chapter 21

The cat who had just entered the den was Storm, blood now dripping from her jaws. She looked at the kits, and flicked an ear. "Flint, lets go." She mewed. The large tom nodded and left the den.

"What did you do?" I rasped, looking at her bloodied jaws.

She just smirked and ran out of the den.

.
Scourge POV
.

Blue and I were still in a tumbling ball of fur when Storm arrived again.

"Blue!" She panted. "I found Ivy! And she has kits!"

Surprise lit up Blue's features. "Kits?" He mewed. "I think I'll go congratulate the new queen!"

"You aren't going near her." I snarled.

Blue gazed at me. "Flint." He meowed to a large gray tom that had followed Storm here. "Deal with him."

The gray tom simply flicked his tail, blocking my path as Blue ran towards my den.

.
IVY POV
.
Kyla was checking over Nut. When that gray tom arrived, she tried to protect me, but the tom was too strong. Guilt washed over me. Her kits could be motherless now, and it would be my fault. 

"Ivy? I've come to congratulate you on your kits!" A voice sneered. Blue stepped into the den.

I got up and stood protectively in front  of my kits. Kyla did the same

"Get out." The growl was deep in my throat.

"My, my Ivy'! No need to be so defensive! I'm not going to touch them!" He feigned a hurt voice.

"I don't care. Get out. If you even think about coming near my kits, I'll turn you into crowfood." I snarled.

"Is that how you treat an old friend?" He pouted.

"You aren't a friend. I hate you. You've made my life horrible since you started rebelling. I'll kill you. I'll make you suffer." I growled, my voice feeling as if it wasn't my own. "Now get out."

"Very well. I'll leave you and your kits in peace, for now. But I will be back." He meowed, exiting the den.

A few moments later, I heard him call his group to retreat. Scourge rushed in with Brick, who was carrying a brown and black tom on his back.

Kyla let out a choked sob and rushed over to the tom, who was now on the floor of the den because Brick had noticed Nut. 

The tom was still alive, but just barely.

"Duo!" Kyla rasped, leaning over his weak form.

"Good to know you're safe, Kyla." He wheezed.

"I am. And it's because you saved me." She whispered.

"Take care of yourself. I won't be able to help you anymore."  He whispered, his voice growing weaker.

"You can't leave! I need you here!" She wailed.

"You'll be just fine. You have friends and family like Ivy to care for you." He rasped.

"I need you to help me care for our kits." Kyla sobbed.

"Kyla...." He mewed. "You're expecting my kits?"

Kyla nodded.

Kyla had a mate and is expecting kits and I knew nothing about it. Now is not the time to ask her about it, though.

"My memory will live on in them." He whispered. His head went limp and the light faded from his eyes.

Kyla let out a mournful wail that I'm sure even forest cats could hear.

*Small Timeskip*

All of the injured cats all had their wounds treated and were stabilized now, thanks to the hard work of Kenzie. Kyla was still grieving over the loss of her mate. All in all, there were only two deaths. The large tom that was known as Flint, and Duo. But for now, I think it's safe to say we are safe. At least for the time being.

END OF BOOK 1
.
.
.
.

.
.
YAAAAAAHH MY FIRST FINISHED BOOK IM SO HAPPY.
But sad because I made Kyla sad... But anyway, book two is out, but I won't be starting it until I get more OC's. Two of my other books have OC requests open as well! Dixie's past and Affinity. In affinity, you can have strange pelt colors! But anyway, if you want book two, SUBMIT THEM OCs