Chapter 4

There were several she cats there. They were all in little groups, probably with cats they knew, like Nut, Kyla and I.

"Pay attention! Scourge is about to speak!" A deep voice boomed. I looked and saw Bone. Scourge was on his dumpster, gazing over the crowd with icy eyes.

His eyes landed on me.

Brick, who was standing next to him, seemed to notice, because his tail drooped.

"You!" Scourge yowled, locking his eyes with mine. "What is your name?"

"Me?" I meowed.

"Yes you!" He snapped. "Get up here and tell us your name!"

I hurried to obey. I didn't want to be punished in any way. I leapt onto the dumpster beside scourge.

"My name is Ivy." I meowed, looking at nut, who had a horrified look in her eyes.

"Ivy will be my mate! She will birth a kit to rule over Bloodclan when I am gone!" Scourge yowled. "This mark will show that she is mine!" He continued, leaping towards me and slicing a claw through my ear. I hissed at the pain.

"Bone, now you may choose if you would like."

"You!" He yowled, bounding towards a pale ginger and white she cat. "What is your name?"

"M-my name is A-Apple." She stammered. I was still looking at Nut though. Suddenly, I caught a brief movement behind her. Kitty! So she is watching!

I wasn't paying attention to anymore until Brick chose his mate.

"I choose Nut!" He yowled.

"What!?" I hissed.

"Quiet!" Scourge hissed.

Nuts eyes were wide with fear. She was such a timid cat. Brick would break her easily.

I saw a cat step forward from the back and step next to Nut. It was Kitty. She whispered into her ear, then Nut stepped up to stand beside Brick.

"You are all dismissed! Those who were chosen, stay here." Bone yowled.

When everyone left, then it hit me.

I was chosen to be Scourge's mate. I would be the queen of Bloodclan. I should be proud, happy, something other than he dread I was feeling. I would have to be mates with the cat that had ordered my mother to be killed.

I made up my mind. I turned to face scourge.

"Scourge, may I ask a question?"  I mewed, dipping my head.

"What is it?" He grumbled.

"I would like you to let Nut go and have Brick choose a different mate." I mewed.

I looked at Nut. Her eyes were shining with gratitude. Then I heard a hiss, and a weight bowled into my side.

"Stupid She-Cat! You don't get to ask questions like that!" Brick hissed, buffeting my ears and grinding his hind claws against my back. I yowled in pain. "Scourge left the choice to me! Who ever I chose is the cat I get, and only scourge can change that."

I wiggled free of his grasp. I looked at Scourge, who was watching intently. "That's why I asked him, not you!" I shrieked, lunging at him and bowling him onto his back. I dealt several hard blows to his exposed belly before he kicked me off.

"Even after that, you dare attack me? How dare you! I'll show you what happens to cats that do that to me." Brick growled. Scourge was still watching, not even twitching an ear. Brick lunged at me. I quickly dodged out of the way. Kyla had taught me how to fight.

I dodged right, and he slid past me. I quickly jumped onto his back, leaning to one side to knock him over. It worked, but he kept rolling, laying on top of me then jumping to his paws. While I was scrambling to get up, he lunged at me, knocking me back down. Scourge flicked his tail and Bone jumped in.

"Enough!" He growled.

Brick backed away and I let my fur lay flat.

Scourge padded up to me. "Who taught you to fight?"

"Kyla did." I panted.

"Were you born in Bloodclan?" He asked again.

"No." I replied.

"Where do you come from then? Why did you join?" He mewed.

Now was my chance. I would tell him who I really was.

"I joined because you killed my mother." I meowed, standing up straighter and looking into his eyes.

.
.
.
.
.
Dun dun dun!

Anyway, hope you like the cliffhanger! This is one of my quickest updates in history!
I try to make each chapter at least 600 words.

So anyway, what do you think I should do with Ash and Kyla later. on? What do you think the future kits names should be?

Read

Comment.

MURP

-Firespirit