Chapter 12

(I HAVE BECOME INSPIRED! THANKS YOUTUBE!)

Scourge appeared in the den shortly, skidding in with Snow at his tail.

"Ivy! You're awake!" He meowed excitedly, and leaned forward and tried to rasp his tongue over my ear. I dodged away.

"Why are you suddenly so caring?" I hissed.

The look in his eyes changed, just for a moment, then disappeared. He turned to Nut and Snow. "You may leave. I need to talk to Ivy alone." He mewed.

Snow walked out without a word. Nut followed, swaying side to side with the weight of her kits.

He looked at me, his icy blue eyes staring into mine. I looked away.

"Thank you." He mewed.

Surprise flew threw me. "What?" I asked, "Thanks for what?"

"For not leaving me. Against that whole patrol, I wasn't anything by myself. I don't know how we both got out alive." He mewed.

"I wasn't just going to leave you!" I meowed, sitting up, which made my head throb.

"But I told you to. But you disobeyed my commands, just to help me." He insisted.

"Wouldn't anyone have done the same?" I mewed.

His gaze darkened. "No, they wouldn't have. Most of the cats I rule over obey me because they fear me, fear that I would hurt them or their family. Like Brick, he wouldn't save me. He would gain more power that way."

"Surely Bone would have stayed?" I asked.

"Maybe, or he would have left, giving himself more power, and taking over Bloodclan. He mewed.

"Why did you appear so quickly when I was attacked? Why save me? I've been nothing but a pain in your tail since you've chosen me as your mate." I asked.

"What type of leader would I be if I didn't try to save the cats under me?" He meowed.

"You wouldn't have saved Kyla, or any other Bloodclan cat. And that doesn't answer why you showed up so quickly." I mewed.

"I couldn't just leave you there to fight by yourself!" He hissed, "When Blue offered you the chance to leave Bloodclan, I was sure you'd leave. But you didn't. And I'm sure it was more than the fact that you grew up here, am I correct?"

Embarrassment flowed threw me. "That still doesn't answer why you were there so quickly! Were you following me?" I hissed.

It was Scourge's turn to be embarrassed now. "No! I was just... Just checking on you!And good thing I showed up when I did." His ears suddenly twitched. "Nut." He mewed.

I looked at him, wondering what he would do. We fell silent, and there was complete silence for several moments, before there was a scuffling, a thud, and a muffled "Oof!"

My whiskers twitched in amusement. "Can I go check on her?" I asked. He nodded, following me out of the den.

Nut was just picking herself up when I got out of the den. "I thought I told you to leave." Scourge meowed, his voice cold, though you could see the amusement shining in his eyes.

"I... Uh..." She trailed off, her gaze flitting around nervously.

I let out a mrrow of laughter. "Come inside the den." I chuckled.

"No." Scourge meowed.

I glared at him. "Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"I said no." He growled.

"And I said yes!" I hissed in return.

We were interrupted by Nut's laughter. "Look at you two!" She laughed, "Just admit already that you have feelings for each other! I heard your conversation!"

I scrambled backwards. "What? No!" I gasped, taken by surprise at her words.

Scourge was growling, his tail lashing. I glared at him. "Don't you dare." I growled.

He met my eyes, and returned my glare. Then he looked away, defeated. "...Fine."

Nut chuckled. "See? It's almost as if she rules you!"

.
.
.
.
.
So yeah..... A long wait time. But I will try to keep updates at a maximum of 2-3 weeks.

Remember,

Read
Comment
Vote
MURP
-Firespirit