Chapter 19

TIMESKIP

I woke up in the middle of the night due to an intense pain in my stomach. I knew what it was immediately.

"Scourge!" I gasped, "the kits!"

He was up within moments. "I'll get Snow..." He trailed off, "sorry Ivy."

"I don't care about that right now!" I snapped, "get someone, like Kitty or Nut. Or both."

"I'm not leaving you like this!" He argued, "What if something went wrong? What if-"

"Scourge, shut it." He was cut off by a new voice.

"Nut!" I mewed happily, only to be cut off by another wave of pain. "What are you doing here?" I asked when the pain subsided.

"This may sound weird, but I had a dream and Ash told me you needed my help. I guess he was right." She explained.

"Good thing you came," Scourge meowed. "You can get Kitty and Kyla."

"Uh, no." Nut meowed, shaking her head. "I've actually done this before. You never will. You get them."

"But-" Scourge began, only to be cut off.

"Just, please go. She has a point." I panted.

Scourge only nodded and rushed out of the den.

After he was gone, Nut turned her attention to me.

"Oh Ivy! They're going to be beautiful!" She purred.

I was about to reply when another spasm hit me. "Nut!" I gasped, "how did you do this?"

"The pain is the worst part. It's all worth it once you have your kits." She purred.

"Where are yours?" I asked.

"Ace and Sunny? They're with a friend, Sage." She explained.

"What about Brick?" I wondered out loud.

"Sitting outside." She mewed.

Scourge rushed in with Kitty, Kyla, and two ginger she cats.

I gazed at the two unfamiliar cats. "Who are you?" I asked calmly.

"I'm Kenzie," the first one spoke, "I trained under Snow. I know how she heals."

"Why did I never know about you then?" I asked.

"That I do not know. Kyla asked me to come." She replied.

I looked over at Kyla. "Good thinking."

Nut was gazing at the other ginger she cat. "Who would you be?"

"I'm Meg. I'm Kenzie's sister, and I came with her." She replied.

Another spasm came over me, stronger than the others. I let out a wail. Kenzie quickly rushed to my side.

"I'm going to have to tell Scourge, Kyla, and Meg to leave. You are not needed right now, and Ivy needs space." Kenzie mewed gently. Meg and Kyla nodded, nudging a resisting Scourge out of the den.

Kenzie had turned around and grabbed a bundle of leaves. "I'm going to have you eat these. They will help with the pain." She put a few of the leaves in front of me. "They will be bitter at first, but it won't last long."

"What are they?" I asked.

"Raspberry leaves." Kenzie mewed.

I sniffed the leaves before lapping them up. I fought to not make a face.

Immediately after I swallowed, another wave of pain struck me. I held back a yowl.

"The first kit is coming!" Kenzie purred. "Just breathe."

I clenched my teeth as a small bundle of fur tumbled onto the ground beside me.

Kenzie turned to Nut, "Nip the sac around it. Then lick it's fur the wrong way."

There was a shrill mew and Nut exclaimed, "It's a she-kit!" And placed the small white kit at my belly, who immediately started kneading with small paws.

"How many more?" I panted.

Soft paws poked at my belly. "Three."

"Three? I have to do that-" I cut myself off as another spasm took its hold of me.

"Kit number two!" Kitty mewed as another bundle of fur tumbled to the ground beside me.

"Another she-kit!" Nut mewed after a few moments, gently placing a silver and white tabby kit at my belly.

Time passed quickly as the final two kits entered this world. Two toms, a black and white kit and a small gray tabby.

I looked down at the four kits huddled against my belly.

"Oh Ivy! They're beautiful!" Nut purred, gazing down at the kits.

"You did a wonderful job. They will grow into wonderful cats." Kitty mewed.

"Eat these leaves. They will help your milk flow." Kenzie mewed.

As I was lapping up the leaves, Scourge shoved his way into the den.

"Ivy!" He gasped, looking down at his newborn kits. "They're wonderful!" His eyes landed on the small gray tom. "I can tell that one will be strong."

"I want to name the white one after Snow." I mewed.

"Then let's name her Snowy." Scourge purred. "Let's name the other she kit Drizzle."

I nodded in agreement. "The black and white tom can be Breeze." I mewed.

"And the little gray one will be Thunder." Scourge finished.

I looked around and noticed everyone had left the den.

I looked back down at my kits, nuzzled safely into me. I wouldn't let any harm come to them.

And that's when I heard a battle cry from outside the den.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Hey! An update in LESS THAN A MONTH!
Anyway, one more chapter before the end of the book. Also, COVER REQUESTS ARE BACK UP! And the second book is up, I have character requests in there!
Ivy had her kits! FINALLY! :)
Like I said, one more chapter until I officially finish my first book, and start the second!

Read
Comment
Vote
MURP
-Silverdrop