Chapter 18

"Ugh." I moaned, flopping down on my side.

"Are you ok?" Scourge asked, immediately at my side.

"I'm fine." I panted, "just tired."

"You haven't had as much energy lately... Are you sure?" He asked.

"I'm sure." I mewed, getting to my paws.

"You've gained weight." Scourge observed.

"Shut it!" I hissed, cuffing his ears in retaliation.

"Alright!" He snorted.

We continued our walk in silence, when a familiar white she cat came into view.

"Snow!" I purred, rushing forward to greet her. "How are you?"

"I'm good. How about you?" She purred.

"I'm great." I mewed.

"No you aren't." Scourge mewed behind me.

"What do you mean?" Snow questioned.

"She hasn't had nearly the same amount of energy that she used to, and she's been gaining weight."

"Shut it!' I hissed.

"Really?" Snow asked, "Ivy, can you come lay on your side?"

I sighed but obeyed. I closed my eyes and felt gentle paws prodding my side.

"Scourge, she isn't sick at all!" Snow exclaimed. "Ivy, you're expecting kits!"

"Kits?" I gasped.

"Woah woah woah... What? Kits? Mine? How? When?" Endless questions flew out of Scourge's mouth.

Snow chuckled. "Yes, kits. I'm pretty sure they're yours,-"

"They are." I cut in.

Snow continued with a nod. "I'm pretty sure you know how, and as to when, about a moon, give or take."

"A moon? That's too soon!" I gasped.

"Yes, a moon. Which means no bug activities, no fights. Come on, I'll walk with you back to your den." Snow mewed.

As we walked, countless thoughts were running through my head. What would I name them? What would the genders be? How many?

My thoughts were interrupted by a fierce barking.

Snow's ears went flat against her head. "Run!" She hissed, but it was too late. A large brown and black dog and a smaller, scruffy white dog, obviously stray, rounded the corner.

"Ivy! Go!" Snow hissed, standing next to Scourge and growling at the dogs.

"No!" I hissed.

"Then stay back!" Scourge growled.

I nodded, but kept my guard.

It happened quickly. Scourge leapt at the smaller dog as it lunged at Snow, knocking it out of the way, then both leapt back as the large dog lunged.

The battle raged on, and I looked at the larger dog. It was massive, with large muscles. It's eyes locked onto mine. In a matter of seconds, it shoved pass Scourge and Snow, sprinting towards me.

My muscles locked up. I heard Scourge yowl, but I couldn't hear what he said.

The dog lunged at me, jaws open wide, but I couldn't move.

There was a flash of white and a shriek. That snapped me out of it.

I looked at the white she cat grasped in the dogs jaws. Triumph and malice shining in its eyes as it shook the cat like prey.

"Snow!" I screeched, lunging towards the dog, only to be blocked by Scourge.

"Don't, you have think about the kits."  He hissed.

"I can't just let her die!" I pleaded.

Scourge ignored me, becoming a whirlwind of claws and teeth, attacking the dog. The dog dropped Snow, yelping in pain. It fled, and Scourge chased after it.

I rushed to Snow's side. "Snow! You'll be alright. Let's get you to your den." I mewed, nudging her gently.

"It's no use. I won't make it, anyway." She rasped sadly.

"You don't know that!" I gasped.

"I do. When you've seen as many wounds as I have, you'll know." She whispered, her breath coming in shirt gasps.

"You're wrong!" I pleaded. "We can heal you up."

"I'm sorry, my friend. Now is my time. Watch over your kits, with all the love you can give." She whispered faintly.

"Of course!" I gasped. "And you can help me raise them!"

"I'm sure they'll be beautiful...." Snow trailed off, falling limp. The life left her once intelligent eyes.

"Snow..." I whispered, hunching over her in grief. Scourge returned, sitting next to me and dipping his head in grief. Looking at him, I noticed he had a new addition to his collection on his collar.
.
.
.
.
.
AGHHHHH IM SORRY. I make you wait a couple of months for this. I can't say I'll try to stop, because I won't. Even though I hate it. Snow was one of my favorite characters.

Read
Comment
Vote
MURP
~A sorrowful Silverdrop