Marks place

Mark's POV:

I knew this would happen. I knew if I got close to one of my sources I would feel guilty for making money the way I do. This boy just told me he had an anxiety disorder! For fucks sake what am I doing!? If he finds out... I don't even wanna think about what would happen if he finds out...

Despite my strong guilt, I had gotten myself into this, and I had to follow it through. Besides he was my partner for this stupid English project so I kinda had to. But he was being open to me... And he was a nice guy... God I really wished he wasn't a nice guy...

We ended up heading back to my place to start putting together this presentation and we talked for a bit. He kept smiling and laughing and it made me feel happy, but even more guilty than before. He obviously thought he could trust me and the only reason I was talking to him was to find out his real name and now that I think about it that's a real fucking dumb reason to talk to someone. Especially someone who had such a burden in their life. God I was such an asshole.

"Hey Jack?" I said, twirling my thumbs as I spoke. "So what is your real name?" I felt awful after I said it. But that's what I came here for, so I could take a deep breath. If I could get myself to ask for that after everything that just happened, then I could manage to balance a friendship and a betting system without him finding out, right?

"I told you. My name is Jack." He said through his Irish accent. I loved his accent. For some reason his accent made him sound so cuddly.

"But then why is your name Sean at school?" I sat myself up after laying for god knows how long over my bed. My room was pretty big and I had a balcony attached to it. My bed was red with a couple nerdy game pillows on it and my walls were checkered black and blue. I liked my room because it felt more of a bat cave, a dragons den, you know. Somewhere secluded to do all of my super cool things. Which, let's be honest, only consisted of playing video games.

"My name is Sean at school because I changed it. But I can't tell you why."

"Well why not?"

"Well why do you think I changed it, huh?" He had a point. Either way, I knew his name. I could get the money and I could move on to my next poll. I can't imagine how hard that's gonna be. But I'm just gonna have to live with it. This is my job at this school. And everyone needs a job to survive. Right?

Eventually Jack ended up collapsing asleep in the corner chair of my room and for a while I just let him sleep. Knowing he would wake up eventually, but of course, he didn't. Or maybe he did, I don't know. I fell asleep too.

-------------

I opened my eyes and groaned. I did my normal morning stretch, sat up and looked around my mess of a room. But mess was good. I liked mess. Everything was fine until... jack!? What the hell was Jack doing here!? In my ROOM!

It took me a while to process but I remembered what happened. The boy fell dead cold last night and I never reminded him he had to go home. His parents are gonna be worried sick!

"Jack! Wake up!" I ran over to him and slapped him gently on his face. It was a bitch slap, but I didn't want to hurt him too much, just enough to wake him up. "Jack you fell asleep!" We had school in a couple hours and I had to make sure I wouldn't open my door to a missing sign with a familiar picture of a well known Irish man sitting right in front of me, fast asleep.

"Hmm?" Jack kept his eyes shut and groaned, rolling over onto his shoulder. "Five more minutes..."

"Jack. You're not at home. Get your ass up." And then he shot up, panic spreading through his body all the way to his eyes, which were already panicked before it even got there.

"What happened! Why didn't you wake me up!"

"Because I fell asleep too!" We were both chasing around the room, Jack was shouting and throwing pillows at me. But we weren't fighting. It felt more like a joke than anything. Jack hid under my bed because he knew I was going to hit him straight on the head with one of my hardest pillows. It was my time to get revenge. I peeked slowly under the bed and the minute I saw him, we both burst out into laughter.

"We Gotta go to School Jack." I struggled to say, my laughter stopping my words. I fought for a breath and wiped my tears from my eyes before sitting up and pulling a shoe over my foot.

"You got any spare clothes?" Jack said. "I don't exactly want to go dressed in the same ones I wore yesterday." He tossed my other shoe to me and I tied up the lace. I stood up and walked over to my closet, pulling it open with my right hand and tossed him my favourite plaid shirt.

"Really? I've never worn plaid before." I was surprised. He would look good in plaid.

"Well keep it. It would suit you." He nodded and smiled before starting to unbutton the shirt he was already wearing. I don't know why but it felt awkward all of a sudden. I'd seen guys get changed before, for PE, so why did this one feel so weird. I couldn't be bothered to figure it out and just turned away before I saw his chest. He buttoned his new shirt up, well I think he did, and the spoke.

"Well? What do ya think?" I turned around and he was pulling it to fit his shape. He played with the collar and looked down shyly, not sure what I would say. I found myself staring in awe. He looked better than I EVER did in it. "W-what's wrong with it?" Jack said worriedly.

"Nothing. It's... Perfect." I said, eyes wider than the moon shining in a black night. He blushed and looked down, and then I found myself blushing. What the hell? What was going on here? "Jack?" I said changing the subject.

"Yea?"

"Did you tell your parents where you were?" Jack remained quiet, looking deep into the carpet we stood on. "Jack?" I all of a sudden felt concerned. He was clearly hurt by something.

"Hmm? Oh... Yeah. I told them." He was clearly lying, but I knew he didn't want to tell me. And that was okay, I could cope with that. I respected that.

"Okay. Let's go then."

A/N:
Okay sorry I didn't upload anything for the past two days I've had serious writers block. This took me the course of three days to write and it still turned out shit so sorry about that.

Can someone please tell me how to make the pain in my chest go away whenever I just really want to talk to someone that I haven't seen in forever?

thank you guys for sticking with this. Hope it stays like that.

Love you guys :)

-septictac