Have A Happy New Beer

Rick looked at Alice, "Dude why aren't your parents here? It's a New Year's Eve party and they're not here? Why would they be gone?"

Alice rolled her eyes, "They're never here on New Year's Eve. They're always at a big party for adults. Trust me though, this party is gonna be the best. It'll rock more than a boulder."

"I don't understand why you'd think that. How will we have any fun when there isn't even that many things to do here while we watch the timer for the new year."

She chuckled as she walked to the kitchen, "This ain't a new year without some new beer!"

Alissa raised an eyebrow, "Dude, the last time we were at a party with beer, things didn't go very well for anyone. Why do you think it's a good idea now? Where did you even get beer anyways? Your parents are sober people who haven't even thought about beer, let alone tried it."

Alice smirked, "Come oooooon. Please? I wanna have some fun before the year is over instead of just sitting around and watching a timer. Let's get wasted!"

Derek raised an eyebrow, "You just want to be able to say you threw a beer party don't you?"

"Maybe I do just a little bit. Guys, please do it. It'll be fun."

Daniel looked towards the doorway of the kitchen, where Alice was, and rolled his eyes, "Isn't that peer pressure? We were always told not to give in to that. It can lead to bad things. Like underage drinking. Which I'm still disappointed in all of you for doing before. I thought you guys were more grown up than that, but you proved me wrong by doing what would make you look cool, even if it ended badly. I let it slide once but I'm not doing it again."

Charlie hugged Daniel, "It might be fun though. We do only have a few hours left of this year, why not end it with a bang?"

Daniel hugged back, "I'd rather not start it with a hangover."

Alice ignored Daniel and gave everyone a drink before opening her own, "Anyone who doesn't drink with me is a wimp and gets a swirly. So drink, or else you'll be humiliated."

"Peer pressure!"

Everyone else, not including Daniel, opened their drinks and looked at each other.

Daniel could not believe this. Not only were they giving in again, but they believed her. If no one else drank, Alice couldn't punish anyone at all. Why were they all being so stupid?!

Charlie stared at Daniel and nudged him slightly. He wanted him to join in and have some fun. The guy was always such a grumpy person around Alice, a drink might loosen him up a bit.

Daniel sighed and did what everyone else did. He didn't want to but if he didn't, even Charlie would punish him. He was starting to reconsider his friend choices throughout his life. He wasn't reconsidering Charlie though, he knew that his big boyfriend was doing this for more than just peer pressure. Daniel knew that he was trying to help him y making him less of a tight ass around Alice.

So, he took a drink

~~~~

Alice laughed, "I have the best idea ever! You guys will love it!"

Kelly set her hand on Alice's shoulder, "I'd love to hear it pal. Talk away! Tell us whatever it is that your brilliant mind has to offer this time."

She nodded, "Okay. Okay. Here it goes. I get in my car and start driving it as fast as possible, while on of you stands in front of it. When the car is about to hit you, you have to jump on top of it though and run across as I keep driving, then jump off when you reach the end. If you can, do a flip when you jump. It'll look cooler."

Erica looked impressed, "That's an amazing idea, Alice! I'll record it as it happens. That way everyone can see how awesome it is. We'll be so popular on the internet and at school!"

Alice nodded more. This was her best idea ever.

Derek shrugged at them, "Who's gonna be the one in the road though? I can't time things right at all so it can't be me. Is it gonna be Kelly?"

Kelly looked offended, "No way! I don't want to do that! It's too much work for me. I'll just record it as well. That way we'll have two videos to show everyone. Or if one video is too messy, we'll just have a backup. See? I'm a genius! It's a great plan."

Derek looked at the others, "Who wants to do it? Anyone want to be totally awesome and do a really cool trick?"

Daniel raised his hand, "I'll do it! I'll show all of you that I'm not some wimp who is always a downer! I'm not a wet blanket! I'm the life of the party. You'll all see that I'm the coolest guy ever."

Everyone cheered.

Daniel was determined. They all probably thought he was a buzzkill. Well this will show them! He wasn't going to be a buzzkill anymore! He was a cool guy. Nobody was going to prove otherwise. He is going to do the trick and everyone will think he is the coolest person in the world. No doubt about it. Daniel would finally be accepted!

They all went outside and watched Alice get in the car and start it.

She backed the car out of the driveway and stopped in the middle of the road to wait for Daniel to stand in it. She was pumped for this. It was going to be the coolest thing they ever did. Plus, it was all her idea. They would finally see that her ideas were great!

Daniel stumbled into the road and stood a distance from the car while in front of it. He got in a stance to prepare for the jump. This was going to be awesome.

Alice grinned as she got the car into drive for the trick. They were going to be so awesome.

Erica and Kelly turned on their phones and started to record them. They were so excited to get this on video for the world to see it.

Alice slammed her foot down on to the gas pedal and the car started to drive. It quickly sped up as it went straight for Daniel.

She heard the others counting down for the new year and joined in as the car sped towards Daniel.

"Three!"

"Two!"

"One!"

"Happy New Year!!!"

Daniel jumped as the car reached him.

He didn't jumped in time though.

Everyone heard a loud scream as the car hit his knee and his face slammed into the glass. A loud crack sounded and it seemed to echo through everyone's heads.

It was as if time stood still at the first moment of their new year.