The Morning After

Charlie groaned as sunlight hit his face. It really hurt. Wait, when was it morning?!

He quickly sat up and looked around. He was in his bed, in his room, and at his house. But when did he get here?! He didn't remember even leaving the party! Or most of the party at all.

He realized he wasn't even wearing clothes. But he always wears fluffy pajamas to bed. This was weird. Why would he go to bed completely naked?

Suddenly the blankets shifted next to him. Charlie slowly looked to his side and saw that someone was hidden under his blankets.

He could feel the sweat start to form on his forehead as he slowly grabbed the blanket. Why was someone else in the bed? Especially while he was naked?! He pulled back the blanket and gasped at what he saw.

Daniel was curled up next to him. Not only that, but he was naked as well.

Charlie blushed at the sight and suddenly realized what probably happened last night. He fell off the bed while screaming. He was too surprised to think and dragged the blanket with him, completely showing Daniel off.

Daniel opened his eyes, "What's going on....? Why are you screaming....?"

Charlie blushed and covered his eyes, "Why are you naked?! In my bed?! Why was I naked next to you?!"

Daniel sat up, "You don't remember?"

Charlie peeked out a bit, "D-did we have sex last night...?"

Daniel nodded and blushed a bit. He wasn't that surprised about Charlie not remembering. But he was concerned about him yelling and screaming. He might get his parents attention which will cause them to come in here. He was fine with Charlie seeing him naked, but his parents were not okay. That would cross a boundary. Plus, we wasn't quite sure they even knew he was here, let alone the fact that he had sex with their son.

Charlie blushed more, "I don't remember it though....and why did we?"

Daniel sighed, "You were drunk out of your mind. I drove everyone home because I was the only sober one and you were the last one to drop off. You couldn't really walk correctly so I brought you here and you started kissing me. After a while you were kissing my neck and trying to convince me to have some fun. I really wanted to so I kind of agreed."

Charlie gasped, "You stole my virginity! I stole yours! This is amazing!"

"No....you're wrong...." he looked at the ground, "You didn't steal mine...."

"I didn't? But who did? Why didn't you ever tell me? Or anyone else in the group," he gasped again, "Don't tell me you used to be that kind person!"

Daniel frowned, "I'd rather not talk about how it was literally stolen. Can't you be sensitive with that kind of question just in case it was truly stolen and not figuratively. This is why I don't bring it up to anyone."

Charlie's eyes widened. It was really stolen?! He didn't know that.... He felt his eyes fill with tears. He just guessed and he got it completely wrong. He was an insensitive jerk to his boyfriend.

He whimpered, "I-I'm sorry darling...."

Daniel got up and hugged Charlie, "Don't feel bad. It's not your fault since you didn't know.  I'm not upset with you Charlie. I love you."

Charlie blushed, "I l-love you too Daniel. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. I don't ever want to lose you. You're my prince. I want to make you feel like that. Because it's true."

The two kissed each other. Neither one of them wanted to let go of each other. They were afraid that if they did let go, the other one would disappear. They never wanted to lose each other so that fear bothered them.

Daniel smiled as he placed his head against Charlie's chest, "You're absolutely amazing Charles."

He laughed, "Oh man. You're calling me Charles? I haven't heard anyone say that in so long. Why'd you suddenly call me that?"

"I called you Charles because you're my king."

Charlie started laughing and hugged Daniel more. He was so happy being with him. No one could replace him. Ever. Daniel was absolutely perfect in his eyes. Nothing will change his thoughts about his precious boyfriend. He was going to protect him no matter what!

Daniel giggled, "Who would've thought that you getting drunk of your ass at a party we crashed would end up bring us closer together? Derek always told me that when my dad did that it pulled him and our mom apart. I don't really remember much of what happened back then though so what do I know? All I remember is when he got angry at mom. But now we don't have to worry anymore. We have mother instead of that man who was supposed to be our dad."

Charlie frowned, "Daniel you have a lot of sad stories in your little head. I wish those things never happened to you. You didn't deserve any of that."

He shrugged, "It's just how life works I guess. Maybe it's trying to get all of the bad stuff in my life out of the way before I'm an adult so that good things can happen. That would actually be amazing! Life please be doing that for me! I believe in you!"

Charlie started to smile again. There he goes again. Being silly, amazing, happy Daniel like always. Even after all that's happened he keeps trying. He's already given up before and it seemed like he was determined to never do that again. That was a good thing. It meant he'd keep going. Charlie would follow his example.

He kissed Daniel again, this time with more passion. He truly loved him and wanted nothing more than to be with him. He was his ray of sunshine in a cave of darkness. His flower in a field of burnt trees. His butterfly in a wasps territory.

Daniel was his precious kitten and Charlie was his protective dog. Nothing would hurt Daniel and nothing would upset Charlie as long as they were together.

Charlie cried internally as he thought about not remembering having sex with Daniel. It was probably amazing but it was impossible for him to know what happened right now. He hoped that he'd remember it at some point. If he couldn't remember it all, he would just ask Daniel to remind him. By doing it again.

He could feel Daniel's chest rise and fall against his stomach. As the kiss went on his breathing was picking up. His heartbeat was doing the same thing. But it wasn't fear. It was pure happiness that made him get like this.

Charlie had to contain himself or else he would end up taking Daniel again right on the floor. He couldn't do that though. They didn't eat anything yet. How were they supposed to do it without any energy?

As the kiss continued to go on, neither of the two heard the footsteps climbing up the stairs. Or the footsteps walking down the hall. They didn't even hear them as they got closer to the room, or when they stopped at the door. They were completely distracted by each other.

Charlie's mom opened the door, "Charlie! You're gonna be late for breakfast if you don't get up....now...."

Charlie and Daniel looked at his mom. Daniel blushed brightly. Did she seriously not even knock before opening the door?

Charlie shouted, "Mom I can explain!"

She blinked a few times, "No need sweetheart. If he makes you happy, that's good. But next time you have sex, at least get redressed when you wake up, especially if you're gonna be uncovered on the floor. Right in front of the doorway."

Charlie nodded quickly, "I completely understand! I'm sorry for being indecent! We'll get ready for breakfast in a moment! You just need to leave the room before we do."

His mom smiled and turned to leave, "By the way, I'm telling your father about this. Trust me, he's not going to be too happy about you having sex before even telling him you were in a relationship. See you at breakfast!"

With that, his mom left,  leaving Daniel blushing and Charlie shocked.

Daniel started laughing. That was an interesting way to announce a relationship to the parents! Plus, he also got to meet one of them in the process.

These things were what made life amazing.

The unexpected.