Chapter 22

Chapter 22:

"Mumma! Look what I got!" Nathan jumping on my bed with his stocking in his hands waked me up. I looked at the alarm clock on my bedside table and groaned; 4.15am, delightful.

"Morning darling. Did you see if Daddy is awake?" I asked him as I carefully sat up, resting my back against my pillows.

Nate and I had moved into Noah's house recently because I sold my cottage after we had all that trouble with it being old and run down and not very good for security. Also, Noah didn't like the idea of us being elsewhere and him being here; he wanted us to live together as a family.

"Yup!" My son replied, popping the 'p', "but he said to wake you up first. Daddy said that you wanted to see me alone for a couple of hours." He dropped his stocking onto his bed and slowly pulled out the first present, before pulling the Toy Story wrapping paper away and being amazed at his new pencil case.

"Did Daddy really say that?" I asked him, as I picked up the torn up wrapping paper and put them into the small bin by the side of the bed. Nathan nodded in reply. "Well, I think we should open our presents all together. Go and wake up Daddy and meet me in the main lounge as soon as you can, then we can open all of our presents together and there may be more for you in the lounge too." I told him, causing him to rush out of the room, shouting down the hall to Noah's room.

I chuckled to myself as I slowly pulled myself out of bed, my huge bump getting in the way. I pushed my feet into my slippers before pulling the robe off of the bathroom door that was hung on the hook attached to it; I loosely tied it around my waist.

"Mumma! Quick!" Nate shouted from the living room. I carefully made my way down the hallway and into the huge, modern room. Sat on the floor with presents scattered around him was Nate, his eyes wide and gleaming and his mouth open wide in shock.

"Wow baby, Santa brought you a lot didn't he?" I said as I sat next to Noah on the sofa, leaning back and resting my head, still not quite awake considering the early wake up call.

"Uh huh!" Nate giggled as he pulled more presents from the sack in front of him. "Look!" He shouted, making Noah jump next to me, "it's a big present!" He showed us a huge rectangular shaped present that was all wrapped up in Buzz Light-year wrapping paper. "I must be on the 'nice' list if Santa got me such a big present!"

"Buddy, that one's from Mummy and me; the Santa ones are the presents wrapped in Toy Story paper and the one's from us are in Buzz wrapping paper. We think you've been such a good boy these past months and thought you'd love this present." Noah told our son, as he put his arm around my shoulders. I leant my head on his shoulder, struggling to keep my eyes open.

"Cool! Thanks Mumma and Daddy!" Nathan screamed as he ripped the wrapping paper off of the present and rested his eyes on the 'super cool present of the year'. Nathan had kept on and on about a ninja lego kit that apparently all his friends at pre-school were getting for Christmas. Noah insisted we bought it for him, as he wanted this Christmas to be the best for his son because it was their first Christmas together. "I can't wait to play with it!" Nathan said as he began opening the box up and pulling out all of the plastic bags containing the lego pieces.