Chapter 13

Chapter 13:

“Everything ok?” Noah asked me as we were leaving the hospital. We had stayed a couple of hours more and kept Blake company. When it was time to see Bella, we all went in one at a time. When it was my alone time with her, I couldn’t tell her about my baby, it would’ve broken her heart.

“Hey.” She croaked at me as I sat in the chair next to the hospital bed. I leant over to the table and poured her a glass of cold water out of the jug. “Thanks.” She whispered as I passed it over to her.

“Bells, I’m so sorry.” I managed to say. I placed my hand on top of hers and squeezed gently, trying to hold back the tears.

She nodded at me, and looked away. I couldn’t help it then the tears fell down my face, landing in my lap.

“Hey, Rose, come here.” She pulled me into her and we both just sobbed into eachother. Blake and Noah found us like that a while later as they came to see if we were ok.

“Where’s Nate?” I asked Noah when we left the room. We were ushered out of the room by the nurses because Belle was starting to get really tired and worn out.

“Scarlett and your Mum came and picked him up and he’s staying round your Mum’s with his cousins tonight. I didn’t mention the, uh, the baby to them, I thought you would want to tell them when the time I right. That is if you’re keeping it.” He said as we walked along the deserted corridors on our way to the car park, me wandering in front of him slightly.

I stopped and turned to look at him, shaking my head. “Noah, of course I’m keeping the baby!” I told him, stepping up to him and poking my finger at his toned chest. “I would never get rid of this baby. Ever! Nathan is the best thing that has ever happened to me, and this baby will be too! I could never choose to end a life.” I scoffed at him and turned away and continued to walk down the corridors.

“Hey! Rose! Wait up!” Noah called after me. He caught up to me and took my arm, turning me round to face him. “I wasn’t asking you to abort the baby; at all. But I didn’t want you to feel like you felt like you had to have it. I’m going to be there for the baby though Rose. I will help you, look after you, I will do whatever I can.” He placed his hands on my shoulders, and I tried ever so hard not to look up at his handsome face.

“You promise?” I murmured, still looking at the floor. I am a true believer that a promise made, has to be a promise kept.

“Yes Rose.” He chuckled, obviously remembering what I was like when we dated.

“Say it. Say you promise.” I told him, making sure he wasn’t lying and getting my hopes up.

“I promise Rose. I promise to look after our baby and our son and I will be the best Father I possibly can. I will make up for all the years I missed with Nate.” I looked up at him and gave him a small smile, before turning around and heading out of the doors to a taxi.

“Rose, I’ll drive you home!” Noah shouted after me. I turned slightly, to see him running through the reception, dodging all the patients in the waiting area.