Chapter 1: Nightmare

You ran as fast as you can, trying to get away from the danger chasing after you. You looked at your back to check how far you and his distance is, it isn’t as far as you thought it was. You ran towards a door expecting it was open but you struggled to open it. You were shaking and can’t focus your mind to calm down, there’s no escape now. He’s at your back, holding a very sharp knife and stabbed you, right in the chest. You slowly fell to the floor staring blankly at the murderer’s figure. There he is, laughing, celebrating at his success that he was able to assassinate and end your life. You couldn't decipher the face of the murderer because you were slowly losing your conscience.

You tried to flood your mind with thoughts of happiness and bliss, in the least; you want to die with happy thoughts and not with thoughts of negativity and sadness. But you couldn’t focus; your conscience is slowly drifting away…

“Is this all you’ve got dim-wit?!” he asked you as he pulled your hair and made you face him. You spitted your saliva with blood at him, corrupting your morals. “What in the actual fuck?!” He wiped his face using his free hand and threw you to the wall. You yelped in pain and shifted your body uncomfortably. He went near you and continuously kicked you in every part of your body. He grabbed your hair again and spitted his disgusting saliva on your face and bumped your head on the table near him. “Who said you can escape me? Huh? You shouldn’t have. If you didn’t, this wouldn’t have happened in the first place, moronic child.” He said with a mocking expression. You looked at him with anger and resentment.

He punched you in the abdomen real hard that it made you gasp for air. Unfortunately, you lost your conscience.

You woke up huffing, gasping for air. You rubbed your temples and sighed in resentment.

“Ugh.. That nightmare again… When will I be ever free of such pain?” You stood up lazily and grabbed your eyeglasses making everything clear.

You looked at the mirror across your bed and sighed. There were wounds and bruises prominent to your body. You once went to the doctor to have it checked. They said that you shouldnt worry as it is not something vital. It was just hereditary. You sighed again and fixed your bed. Heading downstairs, your nose smelled the scent of pancakes and eggs. As far as you know, you live alone. You ran fast to the kitchen and found a young man, the same age as yours cooking. He heard your footsteps and looked towards you.

“Surprise Min Hyo!” he said in a very pleased tone.

You rubbed your temples and sighed. “Didn’t I tell you before to not just enter my house whenever you want it? When will you ever learn?!” you shot him a look.

“Really? Did you tell me anything like that?” he asked in confusion and placed two plates on the dining table.

“I told you that before loud and clear Woo Bin!” you shouted at him.

He just laughed slyly.

“KIM WOO BIN!”

“Maybe I forgot that you told me that?” He said cutely, trying to convince you to calm down.

“Then I am telling you this again. DO. NOT. EVER. ENTER. MY. HOUSE. WITHOUT. MY. DAMNED. PERMISSION. UNDERSTOOD?!” you said trying to lower your voice.

“Nope. Let’s eat before the food gets cold.” He replied.

Before you can even shout at him back, he held your shoulders and forced you to sit down on the chair.

“Let’s eat okay?” He smiled at you. You just glared at him and sighed in frustration again. This guy never learns things he doesn’t want to know. You just eat as fast as you can so that you wouldn’t be late for school.

You and Woo Bin go to the same school and are in the same year but different class. He goes to your house very early in the morning to prepare your things and clean up your mess. He would wash the dishes, tidy the rooms up a bit, prepare your uniform and cook breakfast, exclusively for you. Despite the trespassing part, you are happy to see his face today again. He never fails to at least make you smirk in either happiness or irritation.

“So, you are rather grumpy today, Ms. Min Hyo. Did something happen upstairs?” He asked.

“I dreamt of it again.”

“Hm?”

“The same nightmare again and again, I do not know when it will stop hunting me Woo Bin. I just hope it will.” You said with both seriousness and fear.

Woo Bin patted your head and gave you the most reassuring smile he can ever give. You just continued to eat. After eating, you went upstairs to get dressed so that you and Woo Bin can now go to school. You and Woo Bin walked to school together. You and he agreed that he would act as if he doesn’t know you at school. He thought this was the most stupid favor you asked of him but he agreed, since you were pleading him.

“Woo Bin-ah. I have a favor to ask of you.” You said with a low voice.

“What is it? Tell me, I’ll do anything.”

“Can you act like we don’t know each other at school?”

“HA?!” he looked at you with both confusion and irritation.

“Just do it. Can you?”

“But---“

“Woo Bin. You just told me that you’d do anything, and this is anything. Just please do it, for my sake.”

He sighed and agreed. Though he wanted to know why, he never asked you because he knew that you wouldn’t tell him anyway.

Arriving almost at school, you and he parted ways. He went to school first and you would usually go to the park near your school first and wait for at least 10 minutes to pass and then go in to school.

-------------------------------------------------------

Hope you guys enjooyeeedddd~