The Nerd And The Bad Boy

A/N Hey guys!! This is a new story, one that I won't put on hold! I swear I'll try and make this as much of a comedy as romance, but I don't have much experience with romance... thanks for listening to my babble!! Vote, comment, follow!!
-Love Morgiebug P.S. not edited!
*******************************************************
Slamming my locker shut, I held my math text book close to my chest. Why were these books so damn heavy? I swear one day when I'm carrying this home I'll fall over into the snow and just die! Y'know, if it was even winter.

Chloe, my best friend, skipped lightly down the hall towards my locker.

"Ohmigod, Ohmigod!" she squealed merrily. "Alice-Mae Marie Summer! I have some very important news to tell you!"

"Hi, Chloe." I gave a shy wave.

"Steven Charles just asked me out!" she chirped, her golden blond curls bouncing as she hopped up and down happily.

"Really?" my eyebrows furrowed together, "What did he say?"

"He asked me if I would go to the dance with him!" Chloe always had a huge grin on her face, one that I thought would hurt way to much if I would've worn it all the time.

"The dance?" I asked numbly, she was going to the dance. With a jock. Why wasn't I happy for Chloe? She was always happy for me, the least I could do was be happy for her.

"Yea, the dance on Saturday. Are you mad, Alice?" her expression dropped to a sad looking puppy look. Chloe was so innocent, a few years ago Chloe moved here from southern Georgia and still hadn't lost her twang, even though now she talked like a northerner.

"How could I be mad at you? I'm not mad, I'm happy for you!" I faked a smile, not wanting Chloe feel bad.

"Your lying, Alice, why are you lying to me? Do you not want me to go?" she frowned, Chloe looked weird with a frown on her face. Sure she was still pretty, but she wasn't a frowner.

I sighed, staring into her pretty lake blue eyes and found myself saying, "I just feel left out, Chloe, it's not that I'm mad I'm just... I can't explain it."

Her smile came back. "That's an easy fix! We'll just find you a date and then we can double date!"

By now we were on our way down the hall and on our way to the double doors that lead out to the quad.

"I don't know, Chloe, I think I'll just end up chickening out. Thanks for the offer though." I told her gratefully.

"Are you sure?? I can ask Co-"

"Shhh, don't say his name! We're in public!" I whisper yelled.

She grimaced. "Oops, sorry, Ali, I can be so loud sometimes..."

"It's okay, Chloe, I know you didn't try to." I hugged her before heading into the math-science building.

"See ya at lunch, Ali!" Chloe called after me.

I threw a smile over my shoulder and then continued walking. The sun shone brightly, reminding me of how bright and happy Chloe is.
The grass was a bright green, since it was still just the beginning of the school year fall was just around the corner.

Around me, teenagers laughed and flirted openly. That would never be me, only because the only friend I had was Chloe. Other people avoided me, unless they wanted my help on homework. But everyone loved Chloe, we still sat alone though, only because Chloe refused to leave me.

I opened the double doors and went inside the math-science building. What I didn't expect was to suddenly come face to face with Colton. Well not face to face, more like face to well muscled chest.

Colten was the school's ultimate bad boy, he was always in ISS and detention. With his auburn carefully styled hair, bright ice blue eyes, and leather jacket, he was sexy as hell. He was also my crush.

"Sorry," I murmured, blushing a bright red as I looked down at my shoes and trying to go around him. He apparently had the same idea so we bumped into each other again.

"Oops," I said quietly, blushing even redder. I moved to the left again and he did too.

"How 'bout you go right and I'll go left?" he suggested, his voice soft. Softer then normal...

So we did, turns out his left was my right.

"How 'bout we both go right?" I laughed nervously.

"Good plan," he smiled. So we both went right, thus getting around each other. We both went our separate ways, that was the first time I'd ever spoken to him! I giggled like a little girl and broke out into a huge smile.

For the rest of the day, I continuously thought about that one moment, just barley paying any attention in class.
~~~~
I practically ran out of the math-science building after class, hearing Mr. Perry call out a warning for me to slow down but I was to far gone to care.

When I saw Chloe, I smiled even bigger, racing towards her.

"Chloe! I have big, big, big news!" I gushed, panting.

"Is it bigger then the news I told you earlier?" She smiled, while leading me towards our table, which was under a big maple tree, whose leaves were turning all sorts of golds and reds.

I nodded vigorously. "Yes!"

Chloe sat on the table and I stood in front of her.

"Tell me every detail!" she insisted. So I did.

"Ohmigod! Colten spoke to you!" she hugged me before sitting down again.

"He is sooo hot!" I squealed.

Chloe's eyes widened at something behind me, but before I turned around I felt someone lean closer to me before whispering in my ear, "I'm glad you think I'm hot."