Backyard Talks With Mrs Lopez.

I walked into the kitchen, wanting to get a drink. Mom was in here, checking on the food.

I went to the cupboard, grabbing a glass and walking over to the fridge, getting to orange juice out.

"Hey mom..", I started as I filled my glass.

"Yes dear?", she asked looking at me quickly before turning her attention back to the food.

"Is it true what Jake said, about dad?"

She stopped what she was doing for a second before turning to me with a slight frown. "He just wants to see you.", she sighed.

Oh, and I don't get a say in if I want to see my father. Y'know the one who left all those years, destroying the family. Yeah, perfectly fine.

"And I don't get a say in if I want to see him or not?"

"Look, Celeste. He is your father-"

"And is it ok what he did all those years ago?", I asked, my voice getting louder. "He left us mom. He left us with nothing. Yet you're here trying to let him back into this family!"

"I'm not letting him back in-", she shook her head.

"You are!"

"Is everything okay here?", Jake asked walking in.

I looked at my mom, who gave out a defeated sigh before turning away from me.

"Fine. Just fine.", I nodded as I grabbed my glass and walked out of the kitchen. Going back in the lounge and sitting down, placing the glass on the coffee table.

"Hey you okay?", Seth asked, looking over at me.

I just shrugged, turning my attention to the television. Seth moved over to sit beside me, pulling me into him, my head resting on his shoulder. "Something's wrong Kit.", he said.

"I just..", I sighed. "Mom invited dad over. I haven't spoke to him in six years.", I explained.

"Why?", Seth asked looking down at me.

"Because of what he did to this family, he tore us apart."

"Understandable. But do you maybe consider how your mom feels about this? Maybe she wants you and your father to make amends, or just become civil."

Excuse me.

I pulled away, looking at him with a frown. Seth noticed the look on my face and sighed. "No Cel, I'm not siding with any of them. I'm just trying to get you to see it from another light. Don't think I'm against you on this." Seth took my hand in his. "But you shouldn't go off on your mom about this. Don't think I didn't hear you guys in the kitchen?", he asked making me cringe slightly.

If he heard, then damn. His parents might of heard too.

That might have torn down the good impression a few.

"Look, we'll talk about this more tonight, alright?", he asked to which I nodded in reply.

-

I was sitting outside on the the chair, book in hand, just enjoying the warm Houston weather. I missed this, just being here, being home. Near to my mom and brother.

It was nice to be back in my neighbourhood, even if it was only for a couple of days.

"Alright if I join you?"

I looked behind me to see Marie.

"No, go ahead.", I smiled.

She sat down on the free chair beside me. "Oh, can't believe it's still warm out!"