Ilvermorny ✶ School Grounds @willowwhisps

School Grounds @willowwhisps on tumblr

Ilvermorny School has a lot of different buildings to accommodate the grant number of students attending the North American School for Witchcraft and Wizardry. As the students arrive in front of the giant gate that blocks the school from unwanted visitors, they can catch a glimpse of the First Courtyard which is the central courtyard. At the end of the long driveway the Central Hall is located behind largely decorated wooden doors. The Central Hall also leads to the dormitories and dining room. From the outside, the most obvious sign of these dormitories must be the Thunderbird tower which is the highest point of the building. The Central, in short, is the only building that has no connecting structures. Around the Central, other buildings in different styles are built, varied with gardens and courts. 

There's an Astronomy tower with a connecting Astronomy field at the edge of the grounds, far away from intruding lights. The greenhouses are located quite close to the First Yard which often leads to distracted students, however, there's no more place to renew the conservatories. Furthermore, there are buildings containing several classrooms and special laboratoria for potion making and such. In between the Quidditch field and the Central, is a special Sick Wing, recently redone with a modern touch. The buildings are the remainder of the past influential people that both attended and provided education to Ilvermorny. At night only the First Yard is enlightened with small lanterns, invisible to the eye during daytime. In the middle of the First Yard, there's a statue of the founders, together with the two daughters of Isolt and James. They are honored in the middle of a pond where only authentic species of fish are swimming.