Chapter 11:

Chapter 11:

Eyeless Jack’s Point of View:

She fell asleep on me, and I didn’t know what to do. Do I wait for her to wake up before moving or do I just let her sleep there? I expected an answer from the voice in my head, but nothing replied. I was on my own for this one.

I suppose I should get up to dispose of Pepper’s body, but if I leave Xayla just alone and sleeping, Jeff will probably return to kill her. The possibilities of that aren’t too high since I wounded Jeff, but he has his ways. He could just ask Slenderman’s proxies to kill her for him.

What I don’t understand is why he wanted to kill her. What had she done to him to provoke him to attack? Jeff confuses me, he is such a strange child. The light of my room flickered, and I let out a small grunt of annoyance. BEN was still in his outrage, and after a while of letting Xayla sleep on me, I started watching the TV above the fireplace.

The news report:

“There had been a hand-full of reported deaths and there had been blackouts happening all around the state… The causes of death of these 243 victims are currently being searched, but no one has any leads… The power in the state is slowly being drained, and we don’t know of the cause…”

The TV shut off and the light went off after the report, and I let out a sigh. It was day time, so my windows lit up my room fine. “Xayla,” I grunted, gently shaking her to wake her up. I didn’t want to be too hasty on her due to her current loss.

That thought made the voice in my head finally speak up. Since when do you care of a mortal’s wellbeing? You are a killer, a killer kills people. Killers don’t care about mortal’s wellbeing. I let out a sigh, not even bothering to argue with myself again.   

Xayla slowly opened her eyes, and when she saw that she was sleeping on me, she immediately sat up. “I’m… I’m sorry, Jack… I didn’t mean to sleep on you.”

Xayla’s Point of View:

I honestly didn’t realize I fell asleep until Jack had just currently woken me up.  Jack shrugged, looking straight ahead of him. “I don’t mind,” he finally replied after a minute of thinking.

Trying to lighten up the mood, I said sarcastically, “You make a comfortable pillow.” Jack chuckled, shaking his head slightly. I don’t understand how I could ever make a somewhat of a happy comment even though everything I love had just been taken away from me in the past week.

To be honest, I feel like I have nothing to lose. I could die right now and I wouldn’t mind it too much. “You are rather funny,” Jack chuckled, not sure what else to say.

“I can never tell how you react to me other than your chuckles,” I sighed, standing up.

“And why is that?” Jack asked, and I felt like that was a foolish question.

I stood up in front of him and reached for his mask. Jack grabbed my wrist, preventing me from doing so. “Because of that stupid mask,” I growled, retracting my hand and walking towards the fireplace. I noticed that my dog wasn’t there anymore, which made me wonder what Jack did with it.