Chapter 2:

Chapter 2:

My jaw dropped and my breath was stuck in my throat. My stomach twisted into knots and I suddenly felt light headed. I wasn’t sure if I was either having a nightmare, or if I had just gone insane.

In front of me was two bodies with their stomach torn open, and their insides were scattered around the room. The smell hit my nose like a smack in the face, and that made my stomach twist even more. Crouching next to the bodies, was a dark figure. He had a baggy black hoodie that was caked in blood, and his faced was covered with a blue mask. The mask had black holes for the eyes, and a black liquid stained it.

My hands shook in fear from this terrifying sight, and I staggered backwards. This wasn’t happening. What did I just walk in to?!? The figure stood up, his black pits for eyes looking me over twice. I was frozen in fear, I couldn’t move.

But when he took a step forward, I took three steps backwards. Before I could make a run for it, the thing leaped forward, his large hands reaching for me. “Don’t touch me!” I screeched at him, dodging his hands and jumping aside. Shit. I jumped away from the door. As I jumped, the jewelry in my pocket slipped out and landed with a clink onto the wooden ground.

The figure looked at the golden neckwear, and if I wasn’t mistaken, I heard him chuckle. “A thief, I assume?” he asked, looking back up with me. Oh god, I know I have sinned and I know I’m being punished, but please, don’t let this be the end of me! Am I being punished? “This is going to be a bad night for you,” the figure said as he pulled out a large knife.

Shit!!! I clenched my fists, wishing that I didn’t jump away from the door. The thing was between the door and I, and now I have to use my years’ worth of training to fight my way out of this. I got into a fighting stance, my eyes narrowed.

The thing chuckled again, and I was getting slightly pissed. Why the hell is he chuckling??? “Oh this is going to be fun,” he said and with that, he raised his arm up to strike. Without thinking, I stretched my leg up and kicked him square in his face, well, mask.

I nearly fell down in fear when my leg retracted back to the ground. The mask cracked and flew off of the figure’s face, and once again, I was frozen in fear. His skin was as smoky as the face paint I applied to myself, and his eyes… his eyes were just dark empty sockets. His teeth were stained with blood, and that’s when it hit me.

He was eating the residents here. I nearly gagged. The figure growled in anger, and that growl send my hair standing. I ran for it. I turned on my heels and ran for the door, not daring to run back. I fell down to the ground when the figure grabbed me by my backpack. He grabbed my head in his large hand and threw me again to the ground. My head landed on the ground with a loud thud, and that just about did it for me. I was knocked out cold.

It went black.

 * * *

Sunlight burned into my closed eyes, slowly waking me up. An indescribable pain was the first thing I felt when I regained consciousness, and I let out a groan of agony. My eyes opened, and I felt like shit. I looked down to my stomach, and found that my sweater was off, and only my undershirt remained. It was drenched in cold blood.

“W-wha?” was all I could manage to say as my blurred vision slowly became clearer. I nearly screamed when I saw the same figure sitting beside me. His mask was held together by what looks like duct tape, and his brown hair shadowed his forehead.

“I would like to admit, I’m rather impressed,” the figure said, holding up a small, pink looking thing. It looked like a kidney bean except for its size. And color. And it looked like an actual kidney. The man noticed me staring at the kidney, then continued. “You managed to destroy my mask, and you didn’t die after all that blood you lost,” he said with an impressed tone.