Chapter 4:

Chapter 4:

Xayla’s Point Of View:

“Finally,” I sighed, pressing down on the power button of my phone. Once it turned on, my doorbell rang at a very fast pace. It made me almost fall out of my chair, and I had a pretty good guess of who it was. I got to the door, and wasn’t surprised to see Dana with a very worried face.

With a very worried voice, Dana cried, “Why the hell didn’t you reply to me, god damn it! I was so close to having a heart attack!” I grabbed my phone and looked at the start up screen, and there were about 5 missed calls and a bunch of text messages all from Dana.

Letting Dana in, I answered, “Sorry… Jack came back and when I called the police he broke my phone, and I just barely fixed it again.” Dana crashed on the couch, her face in her hands. “He also took Pepper.”

Dana stood up and she looked more worried than I was. “You need to think of something to get him away,” Dana declared, “He is a serious problem and you look like you are totally ok with it!”

“I am not ok with it, and I am doing my best to think of something,” I growled. Dana sighed, pursing her lips.

“You need to get a gun license,” Dana said, her face lightening up when she realized of how great of an idea that was.

It was a great idea. “I should. Or I could just move somewhere else,” I said. I’d rather not shoot Jack for a simple reason. He could probably take the gun right out of my hands before I could pull the trigger. I noticed he is extremely fast, too fast for a normal being. It makes me question who he is.

Dana sighed, shoving her hands into her pockets. “Be careful, Xayla. I can’t stop worrying for you,” she sobbed, wrapping her arms around me. I hugged her back. “I don’t want to just look at the news and hear that you are dead. Don’t let him get you,” Dana said, letting go of me.

“I won’t,” I said, realizing that I may not be true. I wouldn’t be too surprised if I end up dying in the next month.

“Don’t let him break your phone again because I will come over and make sure you are alright,” Dana said, a smile forming on her face. We made our way to the door, and I wanted her to leave. I don’t want Jack to show up and perhaps make Dana his next victim.

Smiling back, I said, “Alright I’ll try not to threaten him by calling the cops next time.” With that, we hugged and I was alone, again. I was dreading seeing Jack again, and to make sure he doesn’t show up, I decided to go to my college class.

Eyeless Jack’s Point Of View:

“So, who’s the girl?” I heard Jeff chuckle as he stepped closer. I pulled Pepper along as I continued walking, not even bothering to answer Jeff’s question. He is annoying child and he thinks he is above everyone.

His white hoodie was caked in dried blood, and his black hair was thick and greasy. He looked awful. Jeff barely noticed my broken mask, and he grinned wider when he found it. I haven’t gotten to fixing my mask yet, and I wasn’t planning on speaking to anyone in the mean-time. “What happened to your mask?” Jeff asked, jumping in front of me.