Chapter 6:

Chapter 6:

I dropped to my knees, landing on a puddle of blood that leaked from Dana’s limp body. “D-Dana???” I sobbed, wishing she’d answer. But her throat was slit and then I noticed something else. Her stomach was ripped open.

The flashes of the two murder victims I saw when I met Jack flicked into my memory.

Standing up and turning around, I saw Jack standing there still. “You… You bastard!” I screamed at him, lunging at him with balled fists. Jack easily dodged my raging fists, but I was so blinded with rage that I didn’t stop. I couldn’t even land my punches correctly. Jack just dodged my attack one after the other, not saying a word until I started getting weak in my knees.

“You should stop,” Jack suggested with a threatening tone, grabbing both of my wrists tightly. I glared up at him, tears staining my cheeks. I angrily shoved him off me, then stormed further inside of my house.

Jack followed, and I didn’t know why. He is not wanted here and he has no reason to be here. After minutes of silence, I screamed at him once more. “Why they hell are you taking everything I love out of my life??? First you kill my dog, then you kill my only friend!” I sobbed, my tears blurring my vision.

Calmly, Jack said, “I didn’t kill your dog.”

“Like I should believe you,” I snapped, my eyes locked with his empty sockets. He stayed silent, then I added, “Alright, so what is your explanation for killing Dana? She had nothing to do with you! Nothing!”

“She knew too much,” Jack stated calmly. Nothing that he would say would justify him killing Dana. I don’t get why he is even wasting his time trying.

Angry at the answer I argued, “I know too much! Why the hell haven’t you killed me then? Dana was no threat to you, and I fucked up your mask so if anyone should have been killed, it should have been me.” I wasn’t aware of the tears that were streaming down my face, I was too upset and angry at Jack to notice anything.

Jack stayed quiet. “Just kill me. I know where your killer hideout is, if you let me go, I’ll probably just go to the police and tell them. Dana didn’t even know what you looked like you heartless bastard,” I snapped, calming myself. I was feeding the fire, I was tempting him to just end my life right here and right now.

I don’t want to live anymore. With my only friend gone, I don’t know what to do. Dana and I were supposed to make it through our lives together, living through all the hard times and good times. A part of me expected him to kill me, but I wasn’t surprised when he had said nothing, turned around and left.

Looking down at my friend’s dead body, I called 9-1-1.

Eyeless Jack’s Point of View:

I left because I didn’t know what to say. What could I have said? Sorry? No, why would I apologize? Xayla is the one who started this mess, she should be the one who is sorry.